New Remington 1911R1 shoots about two feet low.

Discussion of handguns

Re: New Remington 1911R1 shoots about two feet low.

Postby rugersol on Fri May 03, 2013 10:57 am

I was gonna echo Ed's recommendation to have someone else shoot it ... this ain't uncommon ... I've asked others to verify issues I've seen with my own guns!

FWIW, with a 7in sight-radius, 24in error, at 30yd, the sights would be 0.15in off ... that's quite a bit ... but not unheard of!

Again, if the link were too long, that could easily account for half of that error!

I'm not recommending against sending the gun in ... I think you should!

... but, manufacturers are used to seeing guns come back ... for all kinds of reasons! :?

Before sending a 1911 back for feed issues, I'd make sure to specify that I was using Winchester "U.S.A." ammo, and Wilson Combat mags ... that says something, to the folks at the factory!

At the very least, with a few targets taped end-to-end, and a couple decent shooters, ya could better identify exactly how far POI is from POA ... moreover, measure the exact sight-radius, and specify exactly by how much the sights are out of alignment ... and also mention, perhaps check the bbl-link?! That would say something to the folks at the factory ... and maybe even result in yer gun gettin' back in a very short time! ;)
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby peckerhead on Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks for the insight, Rugersol. I did field strip it and give it a good cleaning before I fired it, but I wouldn't know what to check as far as the barrel link goes.
The return label is here, so the gun will go out this week. I will post up about the repairs.
peckerhead

Postby drhell2pay on Sun May 05, 2013 11:21 am

I have multiple 1911's and Glocks. Never seen this issue. Although I don't own a Remington 1911. Excited to hear back on how the customer service is for you as I'm considering one.
Those who trade liberty for security deserve neither.
drhell2pay

Postby sgruenhagen44 on Sun May 05, 2013 7:30 pm

I had the same issue with a Tanfoglio. IMO some guns just don't agree with some people. My Tanfo was accurate as hell but was always 10 inches low. It was the only pistol with fixed sights that was ever more than a few inches off. Said screw it and sold it.
sgruenhagen44

Postby peckerhead on Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 am

drhell2pay wrote:I have multiple 1911's and Glocks. Never seen this issue. Although I don't own a Remington 1911. Excited to hear back on how the customer service is for you as I'm considering one.

The CS is very, very good.

I dropped it off at a UPS store on Saturday, and it was back in my hands the following Friday night. I couldn't believe it.

The slide and front sight have been replaced. I have yet to see how it shoots, although I was told it would be test fired to verify the repair.

There was a card from someone at the Frontiersman in the case. I'll have to call and ask why.
peckerhead

Postby sininja on Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 pm

I had to send back my r1 enhanced. It locked up after 3 shots if I remember right. Warranty service is great and fast, came back flawless.
sininja

Previous

Return to Handguns