When you're purchasing a handgun do you ...

Discussion of handguns

Re: When you're purchasing a handgun do you ...

Postby mmcnx2 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:25 am

New, I'm really picky and find most 'slighty' used handguns seem to have a little more 'wear and tear' on them than the stuff I've had for 30years. I know it costs me a few more bucks but the few times I tried used I was never happy. So now I do my research, try a rental if I can, I also buy mine in person - I want to see the actual gun I'm buying, no mail for me.
mmcnx2

Postby EAJuggalo on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 am

I've bought my handguns new since I shoot Glocks and finding great deals generally is difficult to come by in used. I have purchased two of my three long guns used.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby 45usp45 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:51 pm

I have a few guns that I bought new..< a dozen, most I have acquired lightly used.
islam was founded by a violent child molester.
45usp45

Postby David on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:05 pm

I don't care one way or the other. Like Chunkstyle, most of my guns are milsurp, so I guess I've been wired to think of used guns as having a lot of cool history.

If it's not milsurp, then I want it in excellent condition, but used or new doesn't matter. I got a great Colt Python a few months back that looks new but is from the 70s. I got a P226 Elite that looks absolutely new, and even came with a few extras that it wouldn't have if I'd purchased it new (extra mags, grips, etc.). As long as it looks nice and works properly, I'm happy.

I'd say two-thirds of my collection of nearly 90 guns were used when I bought them. They're all used now!
David

Postby lumbering.buffalo on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:21 pm

SAM wrote:I bought my Sig 226 used-Crimson Trace grips-Trijicon night sights-3-15 rnd. mags, 2-20 rnd. mags, and 3-30 rnd. mags w/range bag. Same as LB, FLAWLESS!! Oh yeh, $290.00. There are very good deals on used guns out there. :D :D

Go ahead, rub it in! :mrgreen:
lumbering.buffalo

Postby Pinnacle on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:50 pm

I have bought a lot of guns used - here is the thing - there are parts on them that need to be replaced as you would change oil in the car - do that and you have a fine gun. There are very few if any problems with newer guns of good quality to begin with.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Ironbear on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 am

I'm about half and half. There are good deals to be had used. I have one that I picked up for about 50% of new price and haven't had any problems with. If you want something specific, then you may need to get new. Unless of course, the something specific is a classic, then you'll have to get it used! :D
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Previous

Return to Handguns