Lawyers on the loose...

Discussion of handguns

Lawyers on the loose...

Postby Rodentman on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Check out this lawyer who is probably looking to sue S&W because someone blew his hand up by supporting a 460 xvr with his hand under the trigger guard. He got blasted by the blast out between the cylinder and forcing cone.

Duh, don't put you hand there. Pretty much common sense. How is this S&W's fault?

Warning, the photo in the site shows a wounded hand. But seriously folks, if you don't know what you are doing, don't fire a handgun. Or a rifle for that matter.

Maybe I'll send them a photo of my perfectly good hands and tell them I've fired an S&W 500 and managed to survive.

http://www.gibsonandkeith.com/?page_id=84
Rodentman

Re: Lawyers on the loose...

Postby xd ED on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Well, they say they want information. I think they'll hear plenty.

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:52 pm

You can get an injury that serious, which isn't all that bad, with ANY magnum revolver. Picture of a whole bunch of lawyers who don't know Jack Shyte about handguns, just like the Democratic state legislators who wanted to ban high capacity clips... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Rodentman on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:00 pm

S&W even says in the manual that one should not put body parts in front of the muzzle or in the area where the cylinder meets the barrel. If you can't hold a gun of that size, and need to hold it from the bottom, get a J frame or something like that.
Rodentman

Postby Spartan on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:24 pm

what do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the Marianas Trench which is the deepest part of the world's oceans?

A DAMN GOOD START!
Spartan

Postby Rodentman on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:34 am

I don't understand why they would even consider taking a case where someone wants to sue S&W for their own stupidity. i'd write those lawyers a letter but I don't know who would read it to them.
Rodentman

Postby rugersol on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:51 am

if it was anyone else, I wouldn't think twice!

... but S&W's probly gonna put "blast shields" on all their revolvers, now! :roll:
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby thunderoussilence on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:40 am

new dummy stickers coming soon
thunderoussilence

Postby farmerj on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:36 am

ambulance chasers.....
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby dupa on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:57 pm

this case can be easily settled.. just get the 5 ugly lawyer chics in the picture some boyfriends and they'll set em straight. of course those guys will have to take one for the team .. but it's best for mankind
dupa

Postby Rodentman on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:38 am

I am mailing this letter to them tomorrow.

«Gibson & Keith PLLC
119 S Main Street
Monticello AR 71655

Gentlemen:

I read with interest your pending investigation regarding the S&W 460 XVR revolver. As a firearms enthusiast and avid reloader since 1972 I feel qualified to give you my observations on this matter.

The S&W Safety and Instruction Manual, provided with the firearm, states, in all capitals:

“WARNING! ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGERS AWAY FROM THE AREA BETWEEN THE CYLINDER AND THE BARREL DURING FIRING. PARTICLES AND HOT GAS WILL BE FORCED OUT FROM BETWEEN THE BARREL AND CYLINDER IN ANY REVOLVER DURING NORMAL USE.”

What is so difficult to understand here? If a shooter cannot hold the weight of the X-Frame S&W’s then he should opt for a J-Frame or other lighter weight firearm. How is S&W responsible for the negligent misuse of their products? Reasonable care must be exercised to properly use any firearm. The injuries in the photo you display, while unfortunate, are no one’s fault but that of the shooter who held the firearm in an improper manner against the explicit instruction in the manual.

It is reasonable and prudent to expect gas expulsion through the gap between the barrel and cylinder especially in one of the highest power revolvers made. Clearly the shooter in your photos did not follow proper firearm handling. An attempt to hold S&W liable in this matter is frivolous and irresponsible on your part.

Regards,»
Rodentman

Postby samginko on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:36 am

I think its only responsible to pass a law requiring the use of kevlar safety gloves when shooting a revolver.

In fact, we should mandate it for all firearms.
samginko

Postby MarkL on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 am

Mythbusters blow chicken fingers apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucg5VAff4c
MarkL

Postby Rodentman on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:16 pm

MarkL wrote:Mythbusters blow chicken fingers apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucg5VAff4c

Thanks for posting that! Most informative. As they say, make sure you know what you are doing. Pretty basic stuff.

I ran across another lawyer who claims the FA83 is "defective" since it doesn't have a transfer bar and the hammer can fire a round if dropped. Don't carry with a round in the chamber under the hammer. Duh. How is the gun "defective." I think the "lawyer" is defective.
Rodentman

Postby Lights on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Rodentman wrote:I don't understand why they would even consider taking a case where someone wants to sue S&W for their own stupidity. i'd write those lawyers a letter but I don't know who would read it to them.

The same kind that sued a bike mfg because a teenager was riding a bike at night and got hit by a vehicle and died. There argument was the bike should have a warning sticker on it saying it should not be ridden at night. :roll:
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Return to Handguns