Zip 22 - RANGE REPORT SOON!

Discussion of handguns

Re: Zip 22 - anyone fired one? local sales?

Postby FJ540 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Sounds like half Shippy's ghetto blaster collection. :didntdoit:
FJ540

Postby igofast on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:54 pm

ok, so did have a chance to shoot mine last weekend. The good news is that it functions fine if held properly(tight grip, wrist locked) and is battle accurate(the sights that it ships with are... serviceable). They sell a couple different interchangeable tops including one that will take Glock aftermarket sights and one that's a picatinny rail. If I keep it I will probably get the latter and throw a red dot on it.

I don't find the trigger to be horrible in use. It does have a long travel that disengages several safety's as it's pulled, but reset is fairly short.

The bad news is due to the 'uniqueness' of the design it's hard for me to hold properly - the edges are in all the wrong places. I'm going to bring a pair of gloves out next time I go to see if that helps. If you interested, I would definitely hold one in your hand with a firm grip before shelling out any cash. Like the Chiappa Rhino the recoil impulse is more straight back(due to the barrel being low and a high hold) and into these pressure points. I haven't heard this comment from any of the other reviews - so either they don't know how to hold a handgun(and is the reason why they are getting jams), or I'm a wimp(which may be just as likely).

The other wonky thing is it take 3 fingers to remove the magazine - one to depress the lever and two to pull the magazine out. This works fine when nothing is wrong, however if you do limp wrist it you'll wish you had another hand - one to remove the mag, one to hold the gun, and one to hold the chamber open(no bolt hold open/slidelock).

The forward controls don't really bother me, though I do wish they were behind the barrel instead of next to it. Someone new to firearms will probably lose a tip of a finger unfortunately. I swapped the load and restrike rods and prefer that configuration.

As of right now from a pure shootability standpoint, I would pass unless you can verify it's comfortable to hold. From a collectors standpoint I say buy - it's very unique and comes in at a low price point.
igofast

Zip 22 - anyone fired one? local sales?

Postby RJWesleyIII on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 am

igofast wrote:ok, so did have a chance to shoot mine last weekend. The good news is that it functions fine if held properly(tight grip, wrist locked) and is battle accurate(the sights that it ships with are... serviceable). They sell a couple different interchangeable tops including one that will take Glock aftermarket sights and one that's a picatinny rail. If I keep it I will probably get the latter and throw a red dot on it.

I don't find the trigger to be horrible in use. It does have a long travel that disengages several safety's as it's pulled, but reset is fairly short.

The bad news is due to the 'uniqueness' of the design it's hard for me to hold properly - the edges are in all the wrong places. I'm going to bring a pair of gloves out next time I go to see if that helps. If you interested, I would definitely hold one in your hand with a firm grip before shelling out any cash. Like the Chiappa Rhino the recoil impulse is more straight back(due to the barrel being low and a high hold) and into these pressure points. I haven't heard this comment from any of the other reviews - so either they don't know how to hold a handgun(and is the reason why they are getting jams), or I'm a wimp(which may be just as likely).

The other wonky thing is it take 3 fingers to remove the magazine - one to depress the lever and two to pull the magazine out. This works fine when nothing is wrong, however if you do limp wrist it you'll wish you had another hand - one to remove the mag, one to hold the gun, and one to hold the chamber open(no bolt hold open/slidelock).

The forward controls don't really bother me, though I do wish they were behind the barrel instead of next to it. Someone new to firearms will probably lose a tip of a finger unfortunately. I swapped the load and restrike rods and prefer that configuration.

As of right now from a pure shootability standpoint, I would pass unless you can verify it's comfortable to hold. From a collectors standpoint I say buy - it's very unique and comes in at a low price point.

Where did you buys yours from? Can't seem to find one.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
RJWesleyIII

Postby grousemaster on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:31 am

igofast wrote: As of right now from a pure shootability standpoint, I would pass unless you can verify it's comfortable to hold. From a collectors standpoint I say buy - it's very unique and comes in at a low price point.

Plus, it will probably be discontinued soon! ;)
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby thunderoussilence on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:58 am

Shipyard wrote:seen these come up on some sale sights lately (grossly overpriced but... ) they look damn cool. since i've got a penchant for the weird in the gun world, i'm dying to get my grubby little hands on one...

anyone ever shot one? anyone local have one on the rack? i got a grip of 10/22 mags around here....

http://zipfactory.com/

Shippy..... sometimes things too weird to exist alone luckily find each others..... call them tell them you are a very powerful gun broker and you want to feature them in your next issue of old ladies with powerful firearms. Fancy letterhead and joila oh and don't figure the title Chief gum chewer or chili chief fry maker

Good Luck
thunderoussilence

Postby onebohemian on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:58 am

One for sale on local armslist this morning.
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby RJWesleyIII on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:50 pm

I seen it. 300 bucks plus tax used! Lol. About a 100 too high.

RJWesleyIII

Postby mrShinola on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 pm

I saw one up in Crookston last week, just over two bills.
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Postby onebohemian on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Another one posted on armslist tonight. Some dealer in St. Peter. Has a cheap red dot on it.

Mark
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby RJWesleyIII on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:18 pm

onebohemian wrote:Another one posted on armslist tonight. Some dealer in St. Peter. Has a cheap red dot on it.

Mark

That's the one I saw. I was quoted 200 ish from my ffl buddy. But he is having trouble getting them.

RJWesleyIII

Postby igofast on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:47 am

RJWesleyIII wrote:Where did you buys yours from? Can't seem to find one.

Gotta keep an eye on Davidsons: http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/defa ... USZIPNMB76

None of the dealers I contacted were interested in backordering it for me, however you may have better luck with dealers near you. I had contacted US Firearms and they stated that they are doing shipments to Davidsons weekly.
igofast

Postby Shipyard on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:57 am

thunderoussilence wrote:
Shipyard wrote:seen these come up on some sale sights lately (grossly overpriced but... ) they look damn cool. since i've got a penchant for the weird in the gun world, i'm dying to get my grubby little hands on one...

anyone ever shot one? anyone local have one on the rack? i got a grip of 10/22 mags around here....

http://zipfactory.com/

Shippy..... sometimes things too weird to exist alone luckily find each others..... call them tell them you are a very powerful gun broker and you want to feature them in your next issue of old ladies with powerful firearms. Fancy letterhead and joila oh and don't figure the title Chief gum chewer or chili chief fry maker

Good Luck

that isn't actually a bad idea... my official business card title can be "Whiskey Fueled Humanitarian", placed on PBR letterhead i'm not sure how they could resist!!! :P
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 am

Black ones are in stock at all Bill's locations. 239.00 and you get a 45.00 value range pass with it
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Re: Zip 22 - RANGE REPORT SOON!

Postby Shipyard on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:19 pm

IMAG0695.jpg

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

came up on armslist asking for a cash offer. i low balled, and in turn the seller INSISTED that i also buy all the ammo pictured for an extra $20 :P

somedays... you just get lucky i guess. tee hee :D
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Zip 22 - RANGE REPORT SOON!

Postby RJWesleyIII on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Nice score! Looking forward to the range report! Didn't make it to bills tonight, hopefully tomorrow after work to pick one up.

RJWesleyIII

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns