Springfield XD-S recall

Discussion of handguns

Re: Springfield XD-S recall

Postby arizona98tj on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:48 pm

DonT wrote:He doesn't have much time to frequent the internet so I brought to his attention and sure enough his has to go back.

Every XDs, both .45 and 9mm, are in the recall. If you own one, it is in the recall.
arizona98tj

Postby tenmilmag on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Patiently waiting. Been gone since 8-29.
tenmilmag

Postby grimbeaver on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:20 am

Latest news on XDTalk seems to now be 8-12 weeks turn around (if we are lucky). Word is they have not even finalized the actual fix yet. Which has lead some to theorize they are using some of the received guns to verify the fix. Mine got there on 9/5 so coming up on 30 days soon for me too. I didn't even have the gun 30 days before shipping it off. Really wishing now that I had just waited. Not sure I'll be purchasing another SA product with how this has been handled.
grimbeaver

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:35 am

Hmmmm, since Springfield XDs are made in Croatia, maybe they're taking the slow boat both ways across the pond to get fixed.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 am

I was told they are estimating turnaround at 30 days.

How could they handle it better? I have 0 issues with how they are handling this, prepaid 2 day FedEx return and getting them handled as quickly as they can... not sure what more you could expect, in-home service?
Thunder71

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Thunder71 wrote:I was told they are estimating turnaround at 30 days.

How could they handle it better? I have 0 issues with how they are handling this, prepaid 2 day FedEx return and getting them handled as quickly as they can... not sure what more you could expect, in-home service?

Some earlier disclosure of the actual situation would have been nice... see the new FAQ update they just posted:
http://www.springfieldrecall.com/Recall%20FAQ.asp

We originally estimated a 30-day turn-around time, but it has unfortunately taken longer to develop and identify an upgrade solution. Please know that we are continuing to test potential upgrade solutions at this time and we have been doing so since we became aware of this issue. This testing is nearing completion and we will post any new updates as soon as we have identified a final upgrade solution.

We understand that our decision to announce a voluntary safety recall without a final solution in place has caused confusion and frustration.

Guessing most people would not have been so quick to ship theirs in if they knew there was no fix ready yet.
grimbeaver

Postby MarkL on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:18 pm

So unacceptable in how they handled this, I didn't and still don't feel the weapon was that unsafe that I couldn't use it until they found a actual resolution.
I had just bought it less than a month earlier, now it's been a month and probably mid November if I'm lucky to get it back. They should have been up front with their intentions.
MarkL

Postby MarkL on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Great! Waited for weeks to get my Crossbreed IWB holster, just received an email they shipped it, now I have no gun. :cry:
MarkL

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:54 pm

They should have consulted with this forum first.
Thunder71

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:45 pm

MarkL wrote:Great! Waited for weeks to get my Crossbreed IWB holster, just received an email they shipped it, now I have no gun. :cry:

My carry permit came the day after I shipped mine off and my holster from firearmholster.com came about a week later. :x
grimbeaver

Postby tenmilmag on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Got off the phone earlier today with SA. Per their rep they will be endurance testing their repair this week and sending out an update by Friday. We'll see...
tenmilmag

Postby Thunderjohn on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:55 am

tenmilmag wrote:Got off the phone earlier today with SA. Per their rep they will be endurance testing their repair this week and sending out an update by Friday. We'll see...

Nice, thanks for the update.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Re:

Postby Evad on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:32 am

Thunder71 wrote:They should have consulted with this forum first.

Which of the two hundred opinions should they have used?
Evad

Postby MarkL on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:45 pm

So next week they get the parts and start repairing and shipping them back on a first in, first out basis. I wonder how many like me sent them in the day after they announced the recall? I might get lucky and have it back by the end of the month. Hoping anyway.. The new free mag they're shipping with it is a nice gesture.
MarkL

Postby Thunder71 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Where did you see something about a free magazine?

Edit:
Found it, guess there's more online than in the email they sent today:
"As a small token of our thanks, we will be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return."
Thunder71

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns