MUUHAHAHA!!! I have turned to the Dark Side!!

Discussion of handguns

Re: MUUHAHAHA!!! I have turned to the Dark Side!!

Postby Vlad on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Not to derail your thread, but what happened to Pony Express and all it's goodies? I used to get bullets, brass and other bits and pieces there.
http://www.Schleifleather.com For custom holsters that fit you and the gun, not to mention show off those Strad grips...

The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

--W.E.B. Du Bois,
American scholar and civil rights leader
Vlad

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Evad wrote:Am I the only one who expected a glock?

Apparently. You must have missed the thread when I recently tried a Glock 21 at Bill's in Hudson and the frame was too EFFING small for my hand in about 3 locations. Plus my numerous references to Tupperware being "Dishwasher Safe", as well as the running joke about my Austrian troll cousins slaving away in a cave up in the mountains dremeling the s**t out of Glock chambers. No way in hell I'm going off the edge of the map with a full-on wildcat caliber and some evil intentions with anything less than an all-steel gun, and a strong one at that.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Evad on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:
Evad wrote:Am I the only one who expected a glock?

Apparently. You must have missed the thread when I recently tried a Glock 21 at Bill's in Hudson and the frame was too EFFING small for my hand in about 3 locations. Plus my numerous references to Tupperware being "Dishwasher Safe", as well as the running joke about my Austrian troll cousins slaving away in a cave up in the mountains dremeling the s**t out of Glock chambers. No way in hell I'm going off the edge of the map with a full-on wildcat caliber and some evil intentions with anything less than an all-steel gun, and a strong one at that.

So...you aren't getting a glock it seems.
Evad

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Vlad wrote:Not to derail your thread, but what happened to Pony Express and all it's goodies? I used to get bullets, brass and other bits and pieces there.

It got shut down by a crooked fire inspector who had a hard-on for the place for some reason, and basically bullied the guy who bought it out of business because of stuff like "it wasn't zoned for that", even though the store had been there for over 30 years!!! There was also the matter of sprinkler systems, and the guy actually went beyond his authority and contacted the ATF and tried to get this guy's FFL pulled, which was WAAAYYY outside his authority. When confronted with that fact by the owner after the ATF called him, all this a**hole could do was turn beet red and stand there like a cigar store indian.

I liked to go in there because of all the leftover stuff too, and actually scored 1000 NEW 41AE cases AND a set of dies for an Tanfoglio I had bought in this caliber. I lost the owner's number, but he shot with the same crowd as Westburg and some other people I knew in a comp league. Not sure if it was USPSA, IPSC, or what...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby CarRacer on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 pm

A guy on the Enos forums is selling 9x25 dies and other related bits if anyone is interested.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187722#entry2074921
CarRacer

Previous

Return to Handguns