glock probzz

Discussion of handguns

Re: glock probzz

Postby centermass40 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:58 pm

hunterfreakhd wrote:
centermass40 wrote:Your recoil spring should be marked 0-4-3. Did you have problems with all three of your mags or just one ? What ammo were you shooting, reloads or factory ? I would stick with factory OEM parts for now.
I have shot several Gen. 4 19's with no issues.

Same numbers different order. 0 on the left, 4 on the right, 3 bottom center
Attachments
Gen4_Recoil_Springs.jpg
centermass40

Postby hunterfreakhd on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:11 am

centermass40 wrote:
hunterfreakhd wrote:
centermass40 wrote:Your recoil spring should be marked 0-4-3. Did you have problems with all three of your mags or just one ? What ammo were you shooting, reloads or factory ? I would stick with factory OEM parts for now.
I have shot several Gen. 4 19's with no issues.

Same numbers different order. 0 on the left, 4 on the right, 3 bottom center

Yup it's the updated recoil spring. I'm going to give CS another call and hopefully get someone on the line that gives a $hit.
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby centermass40 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 am

Customer Service will get you nowhere ! You want to ask for the Warranty Dept.

Warranty Dept. 770-432-1202
Last edited by centermass40 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
centermass40

Postby unit44justin on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:00 am

Is the extractor failing to grab the case or have you been getting stove pipes? If the latter, I would suggest leaving the slide in the rear position for a few days to work in the RSA. What could be the issue is that the RSA may be too stiff causing the slide to not move to the rear position far enough allowing less time for the casing to eject and the slide will move to the forward position too fast which will cause the casing to jam in the ejection port. It is not uncommon for people to do this with a new glock.
unit44justin

Postby MWAG on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:31 pm

A static, compressed spring won't change. However, if the OP is having the same issue as you describe, I would suggest racking the slide countless times. Personally though, I'd just call Glocks' warranty line posted upthread
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Postby hunterfreakhd on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:45 pm

unit44justin wrote:Is the extractor failing to grab the case or have you been getting stove pipes? If the latter, I would suggest leaving the slide in the rear position for a few days to work in the RSA. What could be the issue is that the RSA may be too stiff causing the slide to not move to the rear position far enough allowing less time for the casing to eject and the slide will move to the forward position too fast which will cause the casing to jam in the ejection port. It is not uncommon for people to do this with a new glock.

Stove pipes . It is relatively newly fired gun with about 400 rounds through it.The first time I called was the warranty department.I'll try locking the slide back for a few days and go shoot it soon.

Thanks for all the replies and advice from everyone.
hunterfreakhd

Postby CraigJS on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:58 am

Could it be a defective piece in the ejector group? A piece of crud in there somewhere? Just ideas. (I don't get a lot of them, they just hurt my head :) )
CraigJS

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:11 am

hunterfreakhd wrote:
unit44justin wrote:Is the extractor failing to grab the case or have you been getting stove pipes? If the latter, I would suggest leaving the slide in the rear position for a few days to work in the RSA. What could be the issue is that the RSA may be too stiff causing the slide to not move to the rear position far enough allowing less time for the casing to eject and the slide will move to the forward position too fast which will cause the casing to jam in the ejection port. It is not uncommon for people to do this with a new glock.

Stove pipes . It is relatively newly fired gun with about 400 rounds through it.The first time I called was the warranty department.I'll try locking the slide back for a few days and go shoot it soon.

Thanks for all the replies and advice from everyone.

What are you using to lubricate the slide? Is this happening outdoors in cold weather or indoors where it is warmer? If it isn't the spring (most likely culprit) it could be too heavy of a slide lubricant in colder weather. If you don't get it going correctly, pm me and I'll be happy to take a look at it. Unfortunately, I no longer keep spare parts, but we should be able to diagnose the culprit. I am located in Edina.
BD
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Hmac on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 am

When these non-functional pistols pop on on forums like this, people post In about "use this special ammo", or "use this special lubricant", or "try holding the gun this way".

IMHO, on a mass market firearm like a Glock, you ought to be able to take that thing out of the box, drip in a little 3-in-1 oil, load it up with whatever crap ammo you have around and shoot all day without a hiccup. If it won't do that then it's broken and should go back to the factory so they can fix it.
Hmac

Postby shooter115 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Hmac wrote:When these non-functional pistols pop on on forums like this, people post In about "use this special ammo", or "use this special lubricant", or "try holding the gun this way".

IMHO, on a mass market firearm like a Glock, you ought to be able to take that thing out of the box, drip in a little 3-in-1 oil, load it up with whatever crap ammo you have around and shoot all day without a hiccup. If it won't do that then it's broken and should go back to the factory so they can fix it.

Agree with this 100%. I used to be a Glock guy, who transitioned to an H&K guy, who is now an XDm guy, but I've never had one of any brand that wouldn't run on any breed of factory ammo. Well, I guess I've never run factory ammo through either of my 5.25's, but if they'll run my mouse fart gaming loads pretty sure they would be fine with factory. Send it in and have them fix it.
shooter115

Postby AFTERMATH on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Have you only used that same ammo from the same lot? While it should be able to fire any ammo/grain combo - if you've got a bad lot of ammo, you could run into those problems as well. Ideally, you could find another lot of the same ammo and try that - if it works, then contact Federal.
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby UnaStamus on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Hmac wrote:Sadly, I fear this is only the beginning of the "defective Glock runaround" that you're going to get. IMHO, Glock's better days are behind them. The manufacturing, quality assurance, and customer service....well, never mind. You should persist with Glock. In some cases, they'll string you along until they can claim that it's out of warranty and will make you pay for shipping. You will need to be persistent and insistent with them.

You might get some insight from one of the several "defective Glock" threads over on M4Carbine.net. It's been a recurring theme. Had it happen myself on a Gen 3 Glock 19. Finally fixed it by spending about $75 and replacing the extractor/ejector mechanism with an Apex.

Agreed.
When you have a Glock that works, it's a great gun. When you don't, it's constant runaround and finger pointing from Glock.

People here can ask any LE Glock armorer (myself included) about their experiences with the Gen3 G22 with mounted WMLs, with reference to the issues and the reported "solutions" or "causes" as told by Glock USA. It's ridiculous and infuriating. When you have a rep that has the balls to tell you that the 240lb male cop who bench presses 400+lbs has a malfunctioning gun because he's probably limp-wristing it, or he tells a long time SWAT team member that storing his mags loaded is wrong and damages the mags, it's absurd. These are actual accusations by Glock. It's NEVER their fault. :roll:
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby hunterfreakhd on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Hmac wrote:When these non-functional pistols pop on on forums like this, people post In about "use this special ammo", or "use this special lubricant", or "try holding the gun this way".

I agree..however there was a member on here I have met in the past that was nice enough to contact Bruce for me and he is going to take a look at it prolly the week after next. Glock does seem to point fingers and not expect their quality control to slip every once and a while.
hunterfreakhd

Postby farmerj on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:49 am

I learned this lesson about blocks back in 2002 when there slide tabs were breaking. People here accused me of just being biased.

The pistol is a good gun. When it works...

Their customer service has always sucked. The number one reason they can keep their pile of plastic.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Tommyboyjfd on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:31 pm

I realize this is a fte issue, but have you tried different mags?

My suggestion is find a friend with a g19 gen 4 and start swapping parts until you find the culprit.

I would also be more than willing to shoot your gun with your ammo to try and diagnose :)

I am also willing to pay $300 for the defective glock and take all the problems out of your hand :)
Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Tommyboyjfd

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns