Xds or Sheild?

Discussion of handguns

Re: Xds or Sheild?

Postby gunsmith on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Spend your extra $150 Here:

It's your carry gun right? I was in a Defensive Shooting and the laser played a role in pushing back the bad guy...It Effed him up, got him off stride. I had to shoot him anyway (4:00 am) and used the laser to aim (while lying on the ground)

'Don't leave home with out one" :) You DON'T want to shoot the MOFO the laser can possibly convince the Drunk / Drugged AssWipe he might get shot.

I think S&W worked with holster makers / Crimson trace / others while developing the Shield so there would be an ample selection of accesories available upon the gun's release.

I carry a Kel-Tec PF-9 in the right rear pocket with ease and will ultimately replace it with the Shield. which is just a touch longer.

If it's your carry gun you'll want a laser and Tritium night sights

gunsmith

Postby CarryCauseICan on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

Your a mind reader Gunsmith! I've already placed the order for the shield with a friend who's an ffl. Along with the CT! I have one on my other CCW and love it! Thanks CCIC!
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby gunsmith on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:17 pm

CarryCauseICan wrote:Your a mind reader Gunsmith! I've already placed the order for the shield with a friend who's an ffl. Along with the CT! I have one on my other CCW and love it! Thanks CCIC!

You know how nifty the Crimson Trace Laserguard is...brain not needed for activation. Give us your range report. :)
gunsmith

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Yes! Another Shield owner! I love mine! It's the perfect carry weapon IMO.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Re: Xds or Sheild?

Postby Thunder71 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:58 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:Yes! Another Shield owner! I love mine! If it weren't for the tiny safety it would be the perfect carry weapon IMO.

Fixed it.
Thunder71

Re: Re: Xds or Sheild?

Postby gunsmith on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Thunder71 wrote:
PHATSPEED7x wrote:Yes! Another Shield owner! I love mine! If it weren't for the tiny safety it would be the perfect carry weapon IMO.

Fixed it.

It looks like it's easy to keep the safety off....do many Shield owners simply remove it?
gunsmith

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:36 am

I just leave the safety in the "off" position, and just ignore it. I've never had it be bumped and actuated... Now Yankee Marshall online made a huge stink on youtube about his safety being bumped on while carrying it... loose in the fanny pack... :roll:

There are videos online on how to remove the safety all together. Personally I don't think it's necessary...
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby brtnrider152 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:39 pm

I've used both and prefer the shield... Just fits my hands better and seems to carry concealed better. Both are great guns! Good luck
brtnrider152

Postby CarryCauseICan on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks for the input. If I can stay patient, I'm getting one for cost from my ffl dealer. Its proving to be a hard wait!
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Previous

Return to Handguns