G42...

Discussion of handguns

G42...

Postby Rodentman on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 pm

I bought a G42 yesterday. I paws for the laughter to subside. I haven't reloaded .380 in awhile so I have to dust off the tweezers, the electron microscope, and my vivid imagination, as well as the die set. It's gotta be better than the LCP, which I find disappointing.
Rodentman

Re: G42...

Postby dleong on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Congrats on your new acquisition!

Just curious: what did you find disappointing about the LCP?
dleong

Postby Rodentman on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Exscrewciating trigger pull (even by Glock standards), lack of reasonable sights, inaccurate (at least in my hand). It's handy to carry, however.
Rodentman

Postby JTapper on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Rodentman wrote:Exscrewciating trigger pull (even by Glock standards), lack of reasonable sights, inaccurate (at least in my hand). It's handy to carry, however.

I think you'll find the sights to be MUCH better than the LCP. Also, the trigger pull is a little rough out of the box. Nothing some time with the dremel polishing tip and some polish can't fix.
JTapper

Postby lizard55033 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:07 pm

I find that the Glock 42 is the only glock that I can shoot well... Maybe because of the grip size for my sausage fingers.

My mom shoots the pistol good to; as I took her for her 1st time ever shooting a pistol. Even at the age of 64; I figured I'd start her off small; but rather a snappy little pistol.
lizard55033

Postby Rodentman on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm 64 too but I've been at this awhile. I ordered a couple of pearce mag distensions for it. Then it will be to the range next Saturday. Maybe I'll bring the DE50 too just to make some new friends at the range. That usually works pretty well.
Rodentman

Postby tenmilmag on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:20 am

DE50? Range? I need new friends too :)
tenmilmag

Postby Rodentman on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Well I got the extended mag floor plate from NDZ. Of course I cannot get the original off due to the grooves that hold the original on. Strike one.

I got the extended mag release. Of course I cannot get the spring off the old one. Strike two.

I got a new rear slide cover plate. That I somehow managed to get on.

I've done all these mods on other Glocks and figured I could do these as well. Not only am I officially PO'd but I feel like a fool.
Rodentman

Postby Randygmn on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Rodentman wrote:Well I got the extended mag floor plate from NDZ. Of course I cannot get the original off due to the grooves that hold the original on. Strike one.

I got the extended mag release. Of course I cannot get the spring off the old one. Strike two.

I got a new rear slide cover plate. That I somehow managed to get on.

I've done all these mods on other Glocks and figured I could do these as well. Not only am I officially PO'd but I feel like a fool.

Gotta pinch the sides in when removing the mag plate on those mags.

The extended mag release spring is different from other glocks. I had a forum member do mine and it was a BITCH. Needed 2 sets of hands so I helped.

Wait until you put night sights on, lol!!!

But, I've got 2500 flawless rounds through mine. Its a tack driver for me. Perfect size, too.
Randygmn

Postby Rodentman on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:53 pm

I got the mag extender on! I knew about pinching the sides of the mag, just didn't realize how hard I'd have to squeeze the big honkin' pliers. I protected the mag with a rag. Got it!

I was able to get the mag release displaced as well. I used a dental pick to hook around the retaining spring. It was tricky even so to get the old one out without removing the spring, but I did it!

So my second time up I had no strikes.

Now to the range Saturday.
Rodentman

Return to Handguns