CZ Scorpion Evo

Discussion of handguns

CZ Scorpion Evo

Postby carbide on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:37 pm

I picked this up from Arnzen Arms in Eden Prarie about 2 weeks ago, just under MSRP. I had been pestering them for one of these for months, even putting my name down a waiting list.

Love it :) Put 150 rounds down the pipe and love the high quality sights. I was happy the darn gun came with a bore snake!!

Trigger is on the heavier side, but it seems decent. Zero failures of any kind, but only put PMC brass through it so far. Fit and finish is top notch. Being a polymer gun it feels very nice. Simple take down, too!

Can't wait to get some 30 round mags and a nifty pseudo illegal if you hold it wrong Sig Braces for it.

Last edited by carbide on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carbide

Re: CZ Scorpion Evo

Postby BemidjiDweller on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Lucky! They're not over in my area yet.
BemidjiDweller

Postby carbide on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 pm

Have about 300 rounds down the pipe, zero failures. Still fun to shoot :)

Ordered my SIG Brace Adapter from CZ USA, as well as a dumb clear acrylic block paperweight with a laser etched Scorpion Evo to show-off at work (we're gun people). 30 Round mags sold out in 20 mins!!!!! Bastards who don't even own a gun bought some of these from what people were saying on ARF.com.

Sig brace should tide me over until i can figure out/ create an NFA trust and submit a form 1 :)
carbide

Postby Randygmn on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:12 pm

Better look into the ATF's most recent letter. Shouldering the Sig brace under any circumstance is now a no go. This letter revokes all previous letters. The ATF says that just by shouldering the brace, you're redesigning the gun into an SBR. SIG has asked for a reconsideration before seeking legal remedy in the courts. Beyond the brace itself, Sig, century, IWI, CZ has a lot of money invested in the platform. I suspect they'll all join suit as they've designed these firearms to specifically work with the brace. The brace is still legal, but only to be strapped on the arm. Some folks are now saying that this is just the ATF's opinion. Well, it could be, but who wants to be the test case, face a 10 year felony conviction and go bust defending the legal fight? This new ruling came out just 2 days before the start of shot show. I'm sure all the businesses associated with the brace suffered, dramatically. Without the brace, the scorpion or the Galil pistol won't sell very well.
Randygmn

Postby Squib Joe on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Randygmn wrote:Without the brace, the scorpion or the Galil pistol won't sell very well.

I don't know about the Galil, but the Scorpion is selling very, very well.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby LarryFlew on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:12 pm

According to the ATF agents at the shot show the letter did not change anything but did clarify the ATFs stand on usage.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby David on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Joe, can you get me a Skorpion? Thanks!
David

Postby carbide on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Randygmn wrote:Better look into the ATF's most recent letter. Shouldering the Sig brace under any circumstance is now a no go. This letter revokes all previous letters. The ATF says that just by shouldering the brace, you're redesigning the gun into an SBR. SIG has asked for a reconsideration before seeking legal remedy in the courts. Beyond the brace itself, Sig, century, IWI, CZ has a lot of money invested in the platform. I suspect they'll all join suit as they've designed these firearms to specifically work with the brace. The brace is still legal, but only to be strapped on the arm. Some folks are now saying that this is just the ATF's opinion. Well, it could be, but who wants to be the test case, face a 10 year felony conviction and go bust defending the legal fight? This new ruling came out just 2 days before the start of shot show. I'm sure all the businesses associated with the brace suffered, dramatically. Without the brace, the scorpion or the Galil pistol won't sell very well.

I'm well aware of the ATF's letter and the felon brace. I plan to strap it o my leg and/or head. Those body parts were not listed in the opinion letter.

YAY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

carbide

Postby Squib Joe on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:23 am

David wrote:Joe, can you get me a Skorpion? Thanks!

I hope to have a pile of them soon but for now we just have a bunch of special orders for them. Hopefully CZ will have one to try out at our upcoming Shooter's Show
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby David on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:02 am

Great. Thanks!
David

Return to Handguns