No votes
No votes
#4 - custom to incorporate all the stuff you like from #1, #2 and #3
100%

Total votes : 2

Your learned opinion please - Glock 36 IWB Holsters

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Howdy,
I've been struggling with my current Kydex holster as of late, the screws that hold the clips to the holster are tough to keep tight, is stiff and not as comfortable for long term wear and in the summer can be a little warm. Besides, I just feel like buying something, so I've decide the G36 needs a new IWB holster. I guess I've always been an IWB guy, so that's where I started my search. I usully carry at about 4:00 - behind my right hip.

Can I get your opinion on three that I've seen online that I have interest in? Feel free to offer other models if you feel strongly.

#1 Desantis Pro Stealth - not sure I'm in love with the Nylon- might be hot and irritating on bare skin, but I'm sure it would be light and I like the extra mag pouch built in - alot. The belt clip isn't as inobtrusive as I would like, but oh well $36 - the price is right.

#2 Galco USA IWB - I like the leather idea, not crazy about the soft mouth and not being able to one hand holster, but if it ever came out I guess reholstering would be the least of my worries - i guess i'm used to the Kydex. I like the belt clip - alot- as it is very inobtrusive. No extra mag pouch and I don't think it is tuckable. $65

#3 Inner Piece IWB - leather, seems bulky but probably very stable and comfortable. Belt loops are not inobtrusive and no mag holder. Adjustable tension is a nice feature. $72

I'm leaning towards the Galco because of the clip but not really sure - wish it had a stiffer construction/tension and an extra mag pouch. here's where I looked for these
http://glockstore.com/index.php?tpl=search&search_val=iwb

In general, I find that the g36 is a tough model to find accessories for, so I am somewhat limited. I don't think I want to shell out big for a custom job, (sorry Srigs), but I may be forced to consider that since I can't seem to find a "knock it out of the park" choice.

Thanks for your time. What do you all think? I'm loading this into a poll, just because I've never done it and it seems cool. If that is a No NO, let me know, it's not very important.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Your learned opinion please - Glock 36 IWB Holsters

Postby justaguy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Get a 1911. :roll: :shock: :roll: :roll: ;)
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby hammerbiker on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Kind of spendy, but for my G36 I use a High Noon Horsehide IWB holster for summer carry.
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/index.html
hammerbiker

Postby monschman on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:50 pm

m-tac
monschman

Postby JoeH on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Comptac m-tac will be your best bet. I also like all-leather iwb a lot. I currently like the m-tac best.

The Galco USA is tuckable. I have one and do not like it. The biggest drawback is the low rise. It is very difficult to get a firing grip on the gun. The mouth isn't reinforced and collapses. Finally, it will not work with belts greater than 1.25".

The only plus of this holster is that, with a small pistol, it really conceals the gun well (barely above the belt, then tucked).
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby Srigs on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:36 pm

I like mine better of course ;)

I do have an OWB The Slide already made for it :D
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby phorvick on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:43 am

This gentleman is a superb maker....I have several of his... http://rmholsters.com
Where did I leave the Tardis?
phorvick

Return to Handguns