Short review of the Shield Plus.

Discussion of handguns

Postby rtk on Wed May 31, 2023 9:37 am

I do have a couple of Smiths and thought that the Plus would be a perfect summer carry but after a few hundred rounds the g26 is back in the belt for summertime. I just can’t shoot skinny guns as well as the Glock platform. That’s all I got.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Wed May 31, 2023 3:35 pm

Which Shield Plus variant did you try?
gun_fan111v2

Re: Short review of the Shield Plus.

Postby rtk on Wed May 31, 2023 4:09 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Which Shield Plus variant did you try?

The 9mm, I believe the only one on the market at this time.
rtk

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed May 31, 2023 4:34 pm

That is a short review. Ya ain’t lying.
Holland&Holland

Postby rtk on Wed May 31, 2023 5:14 pm

I’m just trying to bring a little gun talk back to the forum. :roll:
rtk

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed May 31, 2023 8:48 pm

rtk wrote:I’m just trying to bring a little gun talk back to the forum. :roll:

Appreciated ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Wed May 31, 2023 9:23 pm

rtk wrote:
gun_fan111v2 wrote:Which Shield Plus variant did you try?

The 9mm, I believe the only one on the market at this time.

It’s available in 9mm and the caliber nobody asked for - 30 super carry :)

I was curious about the options yours has, as there are at least three I am aware of:
- barrel length
- ported or not ported
- optic ready or not

Mine is a 4” ported barrel, optic ready. It’s shooting well for me, but I am used to shooting a Kahr and that grip is even smaller.

gun_fan111v2

Postby daleamn on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:24 pm

Gun_Fan---I can't see much of the photo you posted. It's too big, I only see the left edge. Maybe there's a way on this site to horizontally scroll or something to see the whole picture.

What I did was download it and then I was able to see the whole picture. That is a very nice setup you have there. I'm assuming that the case is the original from S&W. If so, it's nice they provided enough room for the pistol with the optical sight on it.

P.S. On rare occasions I have posted, or tried to post, photos on sites and I have had the same problem with the photo being too large. I almost always have had to get help and my 'help' takes care of the problem bing, bang, boom without really showing or explaining what they did to solve it so next time I still get the same problem. In my case I think it falls under the category of 'old dog-new trick'.
daleamn

Postby nhluke on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:48 pm

I was an early adopter of the shield. I went through a recall but still have bought several since . I have almost every combination of aftermarket/stock triggers,barrels, sights etc. The shield plus is my favorite by a decent margin. My only complaint of the shield plus, is my favorite iwb holster allows for the mag release to be hit on accident. In years of carrying the previous models it probably only happened twice.
The mag release button sticks slightly farther out and makes operating it easier so I just need to buy a different holster and it will be a near perfect pistol for me.
nhluke

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:23 pm

daleamn wrote:Gun_Fan---I can't see much of the photo you posted. It's too big, I only see the left edge. Maybe there's a way on this site to horizontally scroll or something to see the whole picture.

What I did was download it and then I was able to see the whole picture. That is a very nice setup you have there. I'm assuming that the case is the original from S&W. If so, it's nice they provided enough room for the pistol with the optical sight on it.

P.S. On rare occasions I have posted, or tried to post, photos on sites and I have had the same problem with the photo being too large. I almost always have had to get help and my 'help' takes care of the problem bing, bang, boom without really showing or explaining what they did to solve it so next time I still get the same problem. In my case I think it falls under the category of 'old dog-new trick'.

Thanks, small case in the picture is Gunvault NV300. Shield came in a nice cardboard box :)
gun_fan111v2

Postby ashes on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:33 pm

Can't go wrong with a Shield.
ashes

Return to Handguns