Almost bought a Kahr, but instead...

Discussion of handguns

Re: Almost bought a Kahr, but instead...

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Love mine! Patiently waiting for my Side Guard Holster for it.
Last edited by Thunder71 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder71

Almost bought a Kahr, but instead...

Postby adoptedson on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:49 pm

GunGoogler wrote:
Nice! Good to hear about the Hornady. The CD and TAP are two of my favorite rounds.

As for holsters, if you like IWB, check out the Supertuck by Crossbreed. I have two of those and love them. I ordered the minituck for my XD-S and expect to appreciate the smaller FF.

Oooooooo those crossbreeds look nice. I might have to order one. Thanks for the recommendation.
adoptedson

Postby CarryCauseICan on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Jealous! :D
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby Lunchbox on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Adding more wonderful toys to your toy box. I'm starting to hate you. :)
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby rukwikenuf on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Love mine! Patiently waiting for my Side Guard Holster for it.

that's an impressive target, but what was the distance? if you shot that a 8 feet, i'm gonna lose a little respect for ya!!

seriously though, the XDs is a nice little weapon. i'm glad that Googler got one, the feel of it is reminiscent (IMHO) of a 1911, and the short trigger is what he's already used to. very nice purchase, and that 2 round extension is gonna be NICE!!!
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:26 pm

7 yards.

The extension is nice for carrying an extra mag with more capacity but I prefer the 5'ers.
Thunder71

Postby GunGoogler on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Thunder71 wrote:7 yards.

The extension is nice for carrying an extra mag with more capacity but I prefer the 5'ers.

Have you experienced any issues with the pistol since you've owned it? Can you share how it's changed over time--trigger, slide stiffness, etc.? I'm just curious what to expect from this as it "ages".

Also, I love the seven-round magazine, but I imagine that I'll use the fivers more frequently. Size is, after all, why I chose this particular piece over the Kahr. With the extended magazine, it is nearly identical in size to the CW45.

Another question...what is the proposed advantage of the fiber-optic front sight? I'll likely switch them out down the road for night sights--though in true defensive use I would suspect this is unnecessary, but I"m not sure I "get it".
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby GunGoogler on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Lunchbox wrote:Adding more wonderful toys to your toy box. I'm starting to hate you. :)

...says the guy with access to a huge inventory of pistols. :lol:
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Stradawhovious on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 pm

I bet you a dollar you won't take me to Bill's tomorrow to put a box or two through this bad boy.

A WHOLE dollar.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby GunGoogler on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:I bet you a dollar you won't take me to Bill's tomorrow to put a box or two through this bad boy.

A WHOLE dollar.

Challenge accepted!!
GunGoogler

Postby Lunchbox on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:34 pm

GunGoogler wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:Adding more wonderful toys to your toy box. I'm starting to hate you. :)

...says the guy with access to a huge inventory of pistols. :lol:

You have the same access... Better even given the fact you live practically next door.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby Stradawhovious on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:44 pm

GunGoogler wrote:
Stradawhovious wrote:I bet you a dollar you won't take me to Bill's tomorrow to put a box or two through this bad boy.

A WHOLE dollar.

Challenge accepted!!

I will bring the Kahr and a box or two of full house Hydrashok. Lets have some fun. 8-)
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Have you experienced any issues with the pistol since you've owned it?
None.

Can you share how it's changed over time--trigger, slide stiffness, etc.? I'm just curious what to expect from this as it "ages".
Trigger seemed to get better, but I liked it to begin with. Maybe I just learned it's 'feel' and when it breaks, I don't know.

Another question...what is the proposed advantage of the fiber-optic front sight?
Thing really stands out and says 'here I am' with some light, it's useless in the dark... I love how it pops in daylight though, it's making me want a set of TruGlo TFO's so it's like that all the time.
Thunder71

Postby GunGoogler on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:
GunGoogler wrote:

A WHOLE dollar.

Challenge accepted!!

I will bring the Kahr and a box or two of full house Hydrashok. Lets have some fun. 8-)

Awesome. I'll bring the Clapp(s).
GunGoogler

Postby GunGoogler on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Have you experienced any issues with the pistol since you've owned it?
None.

Can you share how it's changed over time--trigger, slide stiffness, etc.? I'm just curious what to expect from this as it "ages".
Trigger seemed to get better, but I liked it to begin with. Maybe I just learned it's 'feel' and when it breaks, I don't know.

Another question...what is the proposed advantage of the fiber-optic front sight?
Thing really stands out and says 'here I am' with some light, it's useless in the dark... I love how it pops in daylight though, it's making me want a set of TruGlo TFO's so it's like that all the time.

Thanks. I haven't looked at them in sunlight yet. Now, the TruGlo...that's what I'm talking about! I want the green/yellow TFOs.
GunGoogler

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns