Gunbroker

Discussion of handguns

Re: Gunbroker

Postby Devious Delight on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:
MrVvrroomm wrote:
grousemaster wrote:They probably just mean they don't have any for local sale, i.e. they would rather sell on gunbroker for market price than sell to you at retail price.

^^^ this

I'm no economist, but wouldn't the sale price be the market price, regardless if completed through a store front or through GB?

sold in their 'retail' shop likely means they can only charge XYZ per their agreement with their suppliers. Online sales are likely excluded.
Devious Delight

Postby grousemaster on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:54 pm

I think it's more about not gouging regular customers. Say the going rate for a Glock 19 is $700 on gunbroker, why list it in the store for the for $539?

At the same time, having a Glock for $700 in the case might piss people off.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby BemidjiDweller on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:32 pm

grousemaster wrote:
morepower02 wrote:I have noticed this with a XDS I am trying to purchase. A rather large dealer in central MN says they do not have any on hand when you call and ask but they have 2 or 3 at a time on Gunbroker for more than retail.

They probably just mean they don't have any for local sale, i.e. they would rather sell on gunbroker for market price than sell to you at retail price.

Depends on who it is, I know of one dealer in north MN who gets their inventory from a warehouse down south. They order stuff in for their retail store, their online store shows both retail and warehouse items. It's possible the store you folks are talking about has a similar setup.
BemidjiDweller

Postby Thunderjohn on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:06 pm

grousemaster wrote:I think it's more about not gouging regular customers. Say the going rate for a Glock 19 is $700 on gunbroker, why list it in the store for the for $539?

At the same time, having a Glock for $700 in the case might piss people off.

Ding , ding, ding. - and once there's a bid, we can't end the auction.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Previous

Return to Handguns