Citadel 1911 A1 in 9mm

Discussion of handguns

Re: Citadel 1911 A1 in 9mm

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Sun May 04, 2014 2:37 am

The herters ammo is made in russia if i'm not mistaken? Their primers tend to be on the harder/thicker side and often result in light strikes in firearms with lighter spring kits and the like. probably why the other brands worked fine.
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby 2in2out on Sun May 04, 2014 9:16 am

Slayer_MN1 wrote:The herters ammo is made in russia if i'm not mistaken?

Not necessarily, although I think it's all primarily of foreign manufacture. I had some of their .380, and it came from a different country (I don't recall which one).
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Citadel 1911 A1 in 9mm

Postby dtapper2 on Sun May 04, 2014 9:21 am

Lots of it comes from the Czech Republic. The ammo tends to not work in my G17 and G34 with lighter striker springs. The primers on them are very hard. Seems almost as if S&B ammo is the exact same. Ammo is relatively clean for foreign stuff, but tough primers steer me away.

Work great in my factory Glocks, Kahr and others.
If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
dtapper2

Postby Lunchbox on Sun May 04, 2014 10:53 am

2in2out wrote:
Slayer_MN1 wrote:The herters ammo is made in russia if i'm not mistaken?

Not necessarily, although I think it's all primarily of foreign manufacture. I had some of their .380, and it came from a different country (I don't recall which one).

It depends on if it's steel cased Herters or brass cased. The brass is Sellior and Bellot (Czech Republic) in a different box, or at least all the stuff I ever got was. I used to know where the steel was manufactured, but seeing as how I avoid steel ammo like the plague, I didn't bothering remembering it for any length of time.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Citadel 1911 A1 in 9mm

Postby Tomh on Sun May 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Was out shooting Sat, happy to report all is well. Appears to be the ammo (Herters) rather than the spring. Thanks to all for the help. Really am enjoying the gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tomh

Re: Re: Citadel 1911 A1 in 9mm

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Mon May 05, 2014 9:49 am

xd ED wrote:No comment on the gun per se, but you may wish to read up on the recent history of ctd before dong business with them in the future.

Since their little gouging deal during the panic I've bought from them several times and haven't had any issues. I'll buy from them until they get out of hand with their prices again. They seem to be having decent deals lately. Sorry they left a bad taste in your mouth. But as long as they have the stuff I'm looking for in stock and at a fair price I will buy from them.

Sent from LG G2
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Citadel 1911 A1 in 9mm

Postby xd ED on Mon May 05, 2014 10:58 am

PHATSPEED7x wrote:
xd ED wrote:No comment on the gun per se, but you may wish to read up on the recent history of ctd before dong business with them in the future.

Since their little gouging deal during the panic I've bought from them several times and haven't had any issues. I'll buy from them until they get out of hand with their prices again. They seem to be having decent deals lately. Sorry they left a bad taste in your mouth. But as long as they have the stuff I'm looking for in stock and at a fair price I will buy from them.

Sent from LG G2

Their prices are mostly irrelevant to the concerns of myself and likely others.
After Sandy Hook they made a big deal about shutting down online sales, and openly questioned the process of buying guns on the Internet. They sounde as those they were caving to political pressure, and It was in part what sparked the panic and resultant prices and availability of guns and ammo.

I had dealt with them in years passed, but others with better memories than me, have cited similar shenanigans over the years.
No bad taste here, just the practice of doing business with those who respect and support their customer base
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Previous

Return to Handguns