GSG-1911 .22 CAL

Discussion of handguns

GSG-1911 .22 CAL

Postby 1000 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 am

GSG-22 006.JPG
GSG-22 007.JPG

This came in to the shop today. the guy was shooting WIN 22LR 36GR CPHP BULK 333RDS.

Terry
Minnesota DPS Certified, Minnesota BCA Approved, Minnesota POST Board Approved, NRA Certified, Minneapolis only Police and Mn/FL Carry Permit Training Center.NFA TRUST DONE HERE. http://creditcardshotgun.com/N.F.A.html
Terry,Bob,O'Neal,Peter and Mark

Re: GSG-1911 .22 CAL

Postby chudrockz on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:07 pm

I thought those looked kind of neat. But THAT doesn't!
chudrockz

Postby 1911fan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Zinc slide. Reason why good slide kits cost more than those whole guns
1911fan

Postby Pezhead on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:14 pm

That's not good. I hope no one was hurt.
Pezhead

Postby tacticalninja32 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Holy crap, I do not want one any more
Blood makes the grass grow
tacticalninja32

Postby solidgun on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Do you know how many shots have cycled through this particular pistol?

At least he was well enough to bring it in.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby 1000 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:02 pm

solidgun wrote:Do you know how many shots have cycled through this particular pistol?

At least he was well enough to bring it in.

about 17 rds.

Terry
Minnesota DPS Certified, Minnesota BCA Approved, Minnesota POST Board Approved, NRA Certified, Minneapolis only Police and Mn/FL Carry Permit Training Center.NFA TRUST DONE HERE. http://creditcardshotgun.com/N.F.A.html

Postby onebohemian on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Any evidence that the gun was dropped? I would think that a crack that would lead to such a failure would have been visible even to a novice, so I'm thinking maybe it was more than just 17 rounds. Has anyone kept up to see if GSG has other failures reported on this gun? The AR15 GSG forum used to be a great source on the rifles, but I haven't been there recently. I assume the pistols are discussed as well though. If this is a one off occurrence, I would think ATI would fix it asap -- again, assuming it wasn't dropped.
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby 1000 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:54 am

Update, I have talked to the ATI Rep., and ATI will send a UPS pick up tag to the guy home to pick up his gun and he should have a new gun in about 10 days.

Terry

Postby 1000 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:02 am

onebohemian wrote:Any evidence that the gun was dropped? I would think that a crack that would lead to such a failure would have been visible even to a novice, so I'm thinking maybe it was more than just 17 rounds. Has anyone kept up to see if GSG has other failures reported on this gun? The AR15 GSG forum used to be a great source on the rifles, but I haven't been there recently. I assume the pistols are discussed as well though. If this is a one off occurrence, I would think ATI would fix it asap -- again, assuming it wasn't dropped.

Any evidence that the gun was dropped? NO
This is the only failure the ATI knows of.
I have seen in my life time, Glock, Sig. Beretta and S&W failures and they all took care of their customers and it looks like ATI does the same.

Terry

Postby 1000 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:04 am

Update: On 9-20-2010 I posted .jpg of a ATI 1911 .22 cal firearm that blew up. Our customer came in with the firearm to show us. I called ATI and my wholesale representatives to see what could be done to help my customer out. I told A.T.I. That we should take care of our customer right away to keep him happy so the we could avoid any legal actions from him.( My customer was really nice about the whole thing and didn't say I'm going to sued you and A.T.I., because Metal fragments hit me in the face.) At first ATI was very heplful in the first 2 hours of calling them. They said they would send out a UPS pick up tag and shipp a new firearm out a.s.a.p.. A.T.I called my customer up the same day and was really nice to him and told him everything would be taken care of. However the next day I got a call form A.T.I. Representative saying that they would not shipp a replacement firearm out and the only thing they would to is to give me a credit for the firearm and said that this firearm was not legal in Minnesota, I ask if A.T.I. if they could send a AT92F 15RD 4.3" BL FS to keep the customer happy, A.T.I. said NO. So my next step was to call my customer up and tell him that my wholesale rep. from Ellett Brothers and I would give him a MKIII SS Ruger for him trouble. He was really happy with this. The long and short of this is that A.T.I. Customer service SUCK'S.
92f.jpg
92f.jpg (10.1 KB) Viewed 26806 times
ruger22.jpg
ruger22.jpg (13.12 KB) Viewed 26869 times

Terry

Postby White Horseradish on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:26 am

1000 wrote:Update: On 9-20-2010 I posted .jpg of a ATI 1911 .22 cal firearm that blew up. Our customer came in with the firearm to show us. I called ATI and my wholesale representatives to see what could be done to help my customer out. I told A.T.I. That we should take care of our customer right away to keep him happy so the we could avoid any legal actions from him.( My customer was really nice about the whole thing and didn't say I'm going to sued you and A.T.I., because Metal fragments hit me in the face.) At first ATI was very heplful in the first 2 hours of calling them. They said they would send out a UPS pick up tag and shipp a new firearm out a.s.a.p.. A.T.I called my customer up the same day and was really nice to him and told him everything would be taken care of. However the next day I got a call form A.T.I. Representative saying that they would not shipp a replacement firearm out and the only thing they would to is to give me a credit for the firearm and said that this firearm was not legal in Minnesota, I ask if A.T.I. if they could send a AT92F 15RD 4.3" BL FS to keep the customer happy, A.T.I. said NO. So my next step was to call my customer up and tell him that my wholesale rep. from Ellett Brothers and I would give him a MKIII SS Ruger for him trouble. He was really happy with this. The long and short of this is that A.T.I. Customer service SUCK'S.
92f.jpg
ruger22.jpg

Terry
So, are they legal, or are they not? I am assuming that has to do with the melting point. Is AT92F the same type of gun, a light alloy .22 lookalike? If it is, it would have the same legality as the original 1911.

If they are not legal, I would have a hard time blaming ATI customer service in this.
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby Ken on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:54 am

Not legal in MN? Someone better inform Bill's in Circle Pines. They have a few of them on the shelf as of 2 hours ago.
Ken

Postby White Horseradish on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Ken wrote:Not legal in MN? Someone better inform Bill's in Circle Pines. They have a few of them on the shelf as of 2 hours ago.

Bill's, being local, might know better. Or not. They are a shop, not a law firm. Also, I think that the Saturday Night Special law isn't enforced very much.

I can totally understand a remote wholesaler being confused by goofy local laws and playing it safe.
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby Hobotorium on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:41 pm

A guy at the range I go to had one yesterday, they're fun little guns. Sucks on both the customer service and the possibility that they may not be legal.
Hobotorium

Next

Return to Handguns