Conceal Gun for Small Hands

Discussion of handguns

Re: Conceal Gun for Small Hands

Postby plblark on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:27 pm

I like my M&P compact in 40 but then I have big hands. It is a bit thicker, being a double stack, than the KAhrs.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby fatboy97 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:11 pm

SIG P239... it's an excellent gun, but it was too small for my hands and after I purchased my 2 Glocks I found that I was not shooting it, so I sold mine.
Be Observant and Be Safe.
fatboy97

Re: Conceal Gun for Small Hands >> Kahr, M&P, & SIG P239

Postby Flip on Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Okay ... I've got a few to add to my list. I'll have a look at the Kahr, the S&W M&P, and the Sig (and a second look at some smaller 1911's). Which of these do you guys like for reliability. If I ever have to pull the trigger, I want to KNOW that it will fire correctly. Your opinions?

thanks again,

Flip
It seems that politicians are most useful when they accomplish nothing at all
Flip

Postby fatboy97 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:15 pm

Flip wrote:Okay ... I've got a few to add to my list. I'll have a look at the Kahr, the S&W M&P, and the Sig (and a second look at some smaller 1911's). Which of these do you guys like for reliability. If I ever have to pull the trigger, I want to KNOW that it will fire correctly. Your opinions?

thanks again,

Flip

I've owned several SIG's and still own a SIG P226. Of all the SIG's I've owned I have NEVER had a FTF or FTE. Everyone of them eat everything I ever feed them, and never one issue. Totally reliable.
fatboy97

Postby JFettig on Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:22 pm

I have a few thousand through my M&P 9c without any problems or issues at all. M&Ps have interchangeable back straps, I prefer the smallest one but they come with the medium installed, its likely that you'll handle one with only the medium installed.

I shot a Kahr once... maybe I put a whole mag through it..... Not for me.

Jon
JFettig

Postby Fast351 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:40 am

I'll second the P239.

My wife has one (OK two, when will she ever learn I don't sell guns :D ) She has smallish hands, and the combination of single stack, and a little lighter recoil of a 9mm works perfect for her. We did audition many pistols before deciding on this pistol, and the Sig was a clear favorite to herself and myself as well.

Sigs are 100% reliable. I would probably only put them behind revolvers and Glocks in the reliability scale.
Fast351

Postby Zerwas on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:09 am

Flip wrote:Okay ... I've got a few to add to my list. I'll have a look at the Kahr, the S&W M&P, and the Sig (and a second look at some smaller 1911's). Which of these do you guys like for reliability. If I ever have to pull the trigger, I want to KNOW that it will fire correctly. Your opinions?

thanks again,

Flip

I have owned a Kahr 40 caliber, a Sig P229 40 caliber and I currently own a S&W M&P full size AND compact 40 caliber. I never had reliability issues with the Sig or my currently M&P's. I did with the Kahr however... I really like the compact M&P for its size and backstrap adjustability.
Best regards,

Steven Z
Zerwas

Postby Rem700 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:20 am

[
Sigs are 100% reliable. I would probably only put them behind revolvers and Glocks in the reliability scale.[/quote]

How is something more then 100% reliable? :D
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby MsT on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:07 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions here. I hadn't even looked at this thread until yesterday when I decided maybe I need a Christmas present.

I handled the M&P Compact, the Taurus, the Sig and a Walther (all 9mm) at Sportsman's Warehouse today. :D Of those, I liked all but the Walther - which I suppose is bad (or at the very least, not good). There are still a few more I'd like to look at. Great suggestions for
smaller hands
. I didn't think I'd find anything with a larger capacity magazine that would be comfortable, but all three of those were.
“It is not the things we do in our lives that we regret – it’s the things we don’t do.” (Randy Pausch)

MCPPA Instructor - http://www.TrainingOptionsLLC.com
NRA Instructor
MN DNR Firearms Safety Instructor
Firearms Academy of Seattle Aug. 2008
MsT

Postby Flip on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:20 pm

I FINALLY picked up a Sig 239; and I'm done ...

That's the one that fits me the followed by the M&P. The Sig comes up really nice and just fits my hand really well. If anyone knows of someone with a used Sig 239 in good shape, let me know. I'd like to shoot one first but if it shoots as well as it handles. I think I found my pistol. Now, I just have to figure out what caliber I prefer but that's a whole other thread.

Thanks for the recommendations,

Flip
It seems that politicians are most useful when they accomplish nothing at all
Flip

Postby fatboy97 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:59 am

I believe Bill's in Robbinsdale has one, if you live in the metro area. You may want to call them first before going over to Bill's, and since it comes in either 9mm, .40S&W or .357SIG, so you might want to also ask which one they have.
fatboy97

Postby fatboy97 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:21 pm

Just got back from Bill's South in Robbinsdale and they do have a SIG P239 (9mm) in their rental display.
fatboy97

Previous

Return to Handguns