steel cased .45 acp in xdm?

Discussion of handguns

steel cased .45 acp in xdm?

Postby zachkuby87 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Ok so I went to wally world and told em I needed 100 rounds of there cheapest 9mm and 100 rounds of there cheapest .45 acp came out to 60 bucks so no worries go to load up the new mag I bought for my xdm and realize I bought steel case junk is there gonna be any negative effects on my pistol if I run this stuff through it?
zachkuby87

Re: steel cased .45 acp in xdm?

Postby Cuda66 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Absolutely none.

I'm sure that someone's going to come on here soon and say that it'll wear out your extrtactor (it won't), wear out your bore/chamber (it won't), kick your dog and talk bad about your momma.

It won't.

Shoot it up.
Cuda66

Postby sharpshot71 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Cuda66 wrote:kick your dog and talk bad about your momma.

It won't.

You can't POSSIBLY know that! :D
sharpshot71

Postby Countryfried Frank on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Cuda66 wrote:Absolutely none.

I'm sure that someone's going to come on here soon and say that it'll wear out your extrtactor (it won't), wear out your bore/chamber (it won't), kick your dog and talk bad about your momma.

It won't.

Shoot it up.

It won't do any of that stuff but it will beat baby seals and kick grandmothers. :P

Several indoor ranges get cranky about anything steel though, they might make you put them in your car.
"Sometimes we have to get really high to see how small we are." - Felix Baumgartner
Countryfried Frank

Postby grousemaster on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Countryfried Frank wrote:
Cuda66 wrote:Absolutely none.

It won't.

Shoot it up.

It won't do any of that stuff but it will beat baby seals and kick grandmothers. :P

Several indoor ranges get cranky about anything steel though, they might make you put them in your car.

It's just the steel rifle ammo that they cry about.

The steel will not hurt your gun...
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby zachkuby87 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:21 pm

K thanks guys. I'm gonna shoot it up tomorrow. now ur sure it won't steal my car right? Lol but in all seriousness why don't ranges like it?
zachkuby87

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:28 pm

I had Toulo (?) hang in my XD45 mags. The cases lips are very rough and would lock on the sides of the mag.Pop the bottom of the mag you might get another shot or two or a one shot wonder. Worked fine in my PT1911. Will not buy it again. The steel case's the ranges can use a magnet to separate from the brass. Some of the stuff the bullet has steel in it and they are conserned about the back stop.
Last edited by Sorcerer on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorcerer

Postby macphisto on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:39 pm

zachkuby87 wrote:K thanks guys. I'm gonna shoot it up tomorrow. now ur sure it won't steal my car right? Lol but in all seriousness why don't ranges like it?

Because it gets mixed in with the brass and they're too lazy to pick it out or use a magnet.
macphisto

Postby Shipyard on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:24 pm

MOST ranges only get their panties in a bunch over aluminum case because it cna't be sorted out of the brass with a magnet. steel is good to go at any local range i've ever been to.

the downside to the steel is the case are non-re-loadable and the powder is usually dirty as hell. loose tolerances ensure that it's about the most IN-accurate ammo out there, but if you're not shooting match, and if you don't reload or harvest your brass for sale/trade it's just as good as anything else for paper punching and blasting.

fire away there sailor :D
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby Snowgun on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:37 pm

If you've fired even one round of this in your XDM then the gun is toast. The extractor is hosed, and the bore/chamber is shot to ****. Give the gun to me and I will properly dispose of it...and only charge you $5.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby zachkuby87 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:59 pm

lmfao i was waiting for that post.. u cant have it but if u wanna meet at the range and shoot it sometime i have no problem with it at all if u buy the ammo... its begging for some excersize but i cant afford to feed it all the time... hence the ******* steel cased junk i bought today
zachkuby87

Postby Duff-Man on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:49 am

Only issue I've run into is for some reason (I really don't care enough to find out why) steal case ammo sometimes doesn't work as well as brass in the magazine while loading, but it works fine once it is loaded. But this if for 9mm and the 45 xdms use the sames mags as the xds so you might not even have this issue.
Duff-Man

Postby zachkuby87 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Yeah I just bought an extra xd45 mag for my xdm it works just fine and I know what your saying about it loading weird it actually start squeeking when I got to 8 or 10 rounds in the mag. I haven't fired it yet though.
zachkuby87

Postby zachkuby87 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Well I just returned from the range and I fed all 100 rounds through the xdm with no issues whatsoever. Also got to shoot my new pf9 and that little things got a bit of a bite to it. Had fun though other than the 3 ghetto ******** 2 lanes down acting like well ghetto ********. Aye aye check this out dawg ima get a headshot put the target all the way back watch this.. wait ge this **** on video ima put this **** on youtube yo. Its just like wtf their mothers should've swallowed
zachkuby87

Postby Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:38 pm

zachkuby87 wrote:Well I just returned from the range and I fed all 100 rounds through the xdm with no issues whatsoever. Also got to shoot my new pf9 and that little things got a bit of a bite to it. Had fun though other than the 3 ghetto ******** 2 lanes down acting like well ghetto ********. Aye aye check this out dawg ima get a headshot put the target all the way back watch this.. wait ge this **** on video ima put this **** on youtube yo. Its just like wtf their mothers should've swallowed

I hate when idiots go to the range acting {or not acting} like hoods ! It makes all gun owners and shooters look bad !
People who are against guns will never have true freedom !
Angel Eyes

Next

Return to Handguns