Waiting on XD 45 to come in !

Discussion of handguns

Waiting on XD 45 to come in !

Postby Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:18 am

Yep, I got one on order, with the ambidexterous safety. After looking extensively at Glocks and XD/XDM's I came to the conclusion that Springfield has a better product.
Beefier, more rugged frame and slide, steel mag release's, nicer slide release, steel trigger, steel sights, steel grip safety, nicer take down lever and dissasembly, smoother, crisper trigger, stainless magazines, and more. The only thing Glock has on the XD is the finish. Although both are rated at 68, Glocks finish is a tad nicer due to the eggshell sheen. Other than that it's XD all the way. If you do scuff melonite, wipe it with an oiled rag and it returns to normal. Im not bashing Glocks {I own 2}
I just think the XD/XDM pistols are better quality.
People who are against guns will never have true freedom !
Angel Eyes

Re: Waiting on XD 45 to come in !

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 am

After looking extensively at Glocks and XD/XDM's I came to the conclusion that Springfield has a better product

:rotf:

What did it for you? The cocked indicator, loaded chamber indicator, or high bore axis?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby plblark on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:40 am

or the grip safety or ergonomics or grip texture ...
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 am

Everything that I listed. If you put them side by side, it's obvious. As far as shooting and accuracy they are equal.
It feels better in my hand as well, better pointability. High bore axis isn't a bad thing to some, for me it tames recoil and offers better balance.
If you checkout thew sales stats, more XD/XDM's are sold in the U.S. than Glocks are sold. Some may find them bulky, to me they are rugged. Im kind of a big guy so it's not a problem concealing one, in the four inch version anyway. The 5 inch is a bit of a monster ! I like the fact that steel is used on the working parts, certain things should be steel especially the trigger.
Angel Eyes

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:48 am

plblark wrote:or the grip safety or ergonomics or grip texture ...

It would have to be one of the latter. Since the cocked indicator is completely redundant (if the trigger is forward, it's cocked, at least with a Glock), the grip safety is for someone who may pull the trigger without meaning to???? I think a better remark by the OP would have been to say "I found I prefer the XD"
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:51 am

Angel Eyes wrote:Everything that I listed. If you put them side by side, it's obvious. As far as shooting and accuracy they are equal.
It feels better in my hand as well, better pointability. High bore axis isn't a bad thing to some, for me it tames recoil and offers better balance.
If you checkout thew sales stats, more XD/XDM's are sold in the U.S. than Glocks are sold. Some may find them bulky, to me they are rugged. Im kind of a big guy so it's not a problem concealing one, in the four inch version anyway. The 5 inch is a bit of a monster ! I like the fact that steel is used on the working parts, certain things should be steel especially the trigger.

Wow, I didn't realize a "beefier" more rugged slide was neccassary. Those darn Glock slides and magazines keep breaking....and no, it's not obvious when you put them side by side. I've owned both. The only thing obvious is the redundant features added to the XD. Do Glock triggers have issues with breakage? The sub-compact XD's weigh more than the compact Glocks.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:55 am

Just my opinion, to each his own ! No need to get salty about it !

I never said Glock triggers break, they just feel lousy especially the Gen 4 stuff !
Last edited by Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angel Eyes

Postby tman on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 am

Angel Eyes wrote:Just my opinion, to each his own ! No need to get salty about it !

This forum DEFINES "salty", unfortunately.

Lot's of whiney Glock Fanboys here, too. :lol:
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:01 am

tman wrote:
Angel Eyes wrote:Just my opinion, to each his own ! No need to get salty about it !

This forum DEFINES "salty", unfortunately.

Lot's of whiney Glock Fanboys here, too. :lol:

+1

However, posting in any gun forum that the XD is obviously superior to the Glock, and not expecting some salty replies is not reasonable. I know my Glocks are cocked because the trigger is forward, my glocks have a loaded chamber indicator, I can clean out the firing pin channel without pounding a pin out of the slide, and I don't pull the trigger without holding my pistol properly (so grip safety is useless). The take down on a Glock is easier and much faster than an XD. To me the XD doesn't have "features" the Glock doesn't, it had gimmicks the Glock couldn't possibly need but Lawyers love. I'm done :D

that being said, I like the XD's and shoot them very well. I hope to own a couple of each eventually. They're just not "better" than Glocks. :D
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:09 am

You like Glock better and I like XD better. Both pistols were tested side by side in a shootout and both shot about equal. So it doens't make either inferior in that respect.
Cosmetically however, the XD has the Glock beat ! I like beefy, rugged guns. The XD is both ! I compared both side by side, the extra gadgets don't bother me. If fact, I like bells and whistles. So of course im going to like the XD better. Over 3000 law enforcement agencies use or approve it's use. It can't be all that bad if that's the case.
Angel Eyes

Postby MrVvrroomm on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:31 am

Angel Eyes wrote:If you checkout thew sales stats, more XD/XDM's are sold in the U.S. than Glocks are sold.
You can't be serious.

I'VE sold more Glocks in Minnesota than Springfield has sold XD/XDM's in the US.

Please provide a reference for your above claim.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby rugersol on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:54 am

"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:54 am

Angel Eyes wrote:You like Glock better and I like XD better. Both pistols were tested side by side in a shootout and both shot about equal. So it doens't make either inferior in that respect.
Cosmetically however, the XD has the Glock beat ! I like beefy, rugged guns. The XD is both ! I compared both side by side, the extra gadgets don't bother me. If fact, I like bells and whistles. So of course im going to like the XD better. Over 3000 law enforcement agencies use or approve it's use. It can't be all that bad if that's the case.

You like beefy rugged guns, I like light weight rugged guns. What purpose could extra weight serve, especially for carrying? A high point is pretty "beefy" as well! If you compare agencies using Glocks to Xd's it's not even close. I don't believe 3,000 agencies "use or approve" the XD, could you provide a reference? The XD does not have the Glock beat cosmetically, they are both equally unattractive.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:56 am

01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby shooter115 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Man you Glock boys are a sensative bunch aren't you. :lol:

Ford vs Chevy. Really no clear winner, it's all up to what feels and points better for the individual. That's going to be different for everyone. Seems it's only the Glock crowd that gets all defensive whenever somebody decides they prefer something different.

Personally for me the winner is XDm. I've owned 2 Glocks and for me the XDm is far more comfortable in the hand and I shoot it better. The stock trigger on the XDm is also far better than any factory Glock trigger I've ever squeezed. I'm going to get my third as soon as I come across a 5.25 in .40.

As far as the loaded chamber and cocked indicators being redundant goes. I carry an XDm 3.8 SC in .40 everyday, with an IWB hoster and a tucked shirt, I can clearly feel the state of both through a shirt without looking, same goes for in the dark (i.e. checking the one I keep in the nightstand before bed). Yes I know in the back of my mind that it's ready to go, but it's reassuring to be able to check just by feel.

On the grip safety. Funny.....I never really hear about anyone complain about having it on a 1911. Where is the down side?
shooter115

Next

Return to Handguns