Waiting on XD 45 to come in !

Discussion of handguns

Re: Waiting on XD 45 to come in !

Postby shooter115 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:32 pm

grousemaster wrote:
Angel Eyes wrote:I think both guns look great in Kydex Holsters ! It kind of goes with the polymer frame I suppose.
Steel guns look better in leather. That's another thread however.

I love my Galco King Tuk for my Glocks.....highly recommend that holster.

Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe for me. Most comfortable IWB I've found yet.

.......Awe crap, now we've started a whole nother argument......Just when we were all starting to get along :lol:
shooter115

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:33 pm

You would be in big trouble already if you were to grip any pistol in a fashion that would not engage the grip safety on an XD

Yea, the big trouble would be that you couldn't get that critical shot off to save your life because of that darn grip safety. I had no problem pulling my XDm 40 without activating the grip safety, maybe I have smaller hands (save the jokes ;) ) In all honesty, let's be real here. Both pistols are pretty equal as far as quality and benefits. My complaints about the glock platform is the lack of full chamber support, inability to fire lead through stock barrel, plastic sights (easy fix), and limp wrist vulnerability. You've already heard my complaints on the XD. I guess when the perfect pistol comes out we won't be able to have these pointless arguments anymore ...what fun would that be? :D

I like the beefy RSA on the XD's, the trigger, and the thinner grip. I want to end my participation in this thread by complementing the XD. If I didn't trust my families protection to Glocks it would be an XD I trusted it with.....or perhaps and M&P
Last edited by grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby tt3 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:39 pm

grousemaster wrote:
You would be in big trouble already if you were to grip any pistol in a fashion that would not engage the grip safety on an XD

Yea, the big trouble would be that you couldn't get that critical shot off to save your life because of that darn grip safety. I had no problem pulling my XDm 40 without activating the grip safety, maybe I have smaller hands (save the jokes ;) ) In all honesty, let's be real here. Both pistols are pretty equal as far as quality and benefits. My complaints about the glock platform is the lack of full support, inability to fire lead through stock barrel, plastic sights (easy fix), and limp wrist vulnerability. You've already heard my complaints on the XD. I guess when the perfect pistol comes out we won't be able to have these pointless arguments anymore ...what fun would that be? :D

I like the beefy RSA on the XD's, the trigger, and the thinner grip. I want to end my participation in this thread by complementing the XD. If I didn't trust my families protection to Glocks it would be an XD I trusted it with.....or perhaps and M&P

1911?

(Sorry, someone had to do it.)
tt3

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 pm

tt3 wrote:
grousemaster wrote:

Yea, the big trouble would be that you couldn't get that critical shot off to save your life because of that darn grip safety. I had no problem pulling my XDm 40 without activating the grip safety, maybe I have smaller hands (save the jokes ;) ) In all honesty, let's be real here. Both pistols are pretty equal as far as quality and benefits. My complaints about the glock platform is the lack of full support, inability to fire lead through stock barrel, plastic sights (easy fix), and limp wrist vulnerability. You've already heard my complaints on the XD. I guess when the perfect pistol comes out we won't be able to have these pointless arguments anymore ...what fun would that be? :D

1911?

(Sorry, someone had to do it.)

Low capacity, heavy,ammo sensitive, etc.....
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:08 pm

I sold a 1911 Sig {Commander Sized} to get the 45 XD.
I'll probably get another 1911 but this time I'll go with a 5 inch BBL and either a Colt or Para Ordinance.
I wish they still made the AMT 1911, 5 inch. The one Steven Segal used in Marked for death !
That was a monster 45 ! I like the Para Ordinance gun rights model that holds 14 rounds. It's gotta be heavy as crap though.
Actually the Colt Delta Elite in 10 mm sounds like a winner.
People who are against guns will never have true freedom !
Angel Eyes

Postby grousemaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Angel Eyes wrote:I sold a 1911 Sig {Commander Sized} to get the 45 XD.
I'll probably get another 1911 but this time I'll go with a 5 inch BBL and either a Colt or Para Ordinance.
I wish they still made the AMT 1911, 5 inch. The one Steven Segal used in Marked for death !
That was a monster 45 ! I like the Para Ordinance gun rights model that holds 14 rounds. It's gotta be heavy as crap though.
Actually the Colt Delta Elite in 10 mm sounds like a winner.

10mm is top dawg
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Love, love, love the 10mm ! It should be the more popular round instead of the 40 !
It's the perfect combat pistol caliber and it hits like a frieght train with 725+ ft-lbs of energy.
Pretty much 41 Magnum territory, another under-appreciated round.
People who are against guns will never have true freedom !
Angel Eyes

Previous

Return to Handguns