Why Glock?

Discussion of handguns

Re: Why Glock?

Postby Hanns on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:18 pm

My VP70 holds 18 rounds in a slimmer grip than a Glock 17. It disassembles into 4 parts (frame/fixed barrel, slide, recoil spring, striker assembly) for cleaning. It's no match trigger but once you get used to where it stacks before dropping the striker it's actually very accurate. A lot of cool engineering for a gun that was designed in 1968.
Hanns

Postby Drizzle on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:37 pm

I like my VP70 as well, but probably wouldn't carry it concealed. Maybe in a duty holster, or hooked to my Space Marine webbing, before I went down to LV426 to see what happened to the colonists... ;)
Drizzle

Postby Shipyard on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:06 pm

yeah.... and... what's the price of a used VP70 from the late 60's, early 70's vs a police trade G22?

come on back to practical land folks.

a H&K Pm7 is superior to any glock ever made - i havn't shelled out the $700 - $1000+ for one yet.

you get what you pay for - as long as what you're getting is important to you and you have access to the cash or credit :lol:
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Previous

Return to Handguns