S&W M&P

Discussion of handguns

S&W M&P

Postby 101CombatVet on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:02 pm

I have bot hthe full size and compact M&P's and love them from what I see there are a lot of peoe switching to these new pistols. Am I the oly one who has these here???? Just wantome opnions
S&W M&P .40, 9c

www.mp-pistol.com

We dont need gun control we need bullet control-Chris Rock
101CombatVet

Re: S&W M&P

Postby plblark on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:03 pm

M&P 40C Love it
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby macphisto on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 pm

If not for the existence of the XD, I'd probably own an M&P. However, the lack of any external safeties concerns me a bit.
macphisto

Postby brauchma on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:24 pm

101CombatVet wrote:I have bot hthe full size and compact M&P's and love them from what I see there are a lot of peoe switching to these new pistols. Am I the oly one who has these here???? Just wantome opnions

I am interested in trying one out. They look like nice guns and I have heard good things about them. How is the mode of operation?
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

Postby e5usmc on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:26 pm

I have the SW99. As such I didn't look too hard at the M&P when selecting my last purchase.

If the M&P is anything like the SW99, I'll pick one up down the road...

The 99 sees a lot of holster time.
e5usmc

Postby macphisto on Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:50 pm

e5usmc wrote:I have the SW99. As such I didn't look too hard at the M&P when selecting my last purchase.

If the M&P is anything like the SW99, I'll pick one up down the road...

The 99 sees a lot of holster time.

There's a good writeup here.

"The new S&W pistol differs from their earlier efforts in several ways. While their Sigma and SW99 pistols were good guns, the M&P is better in every way. Smith & Wesson apparently looked at every part of their other polymer pistols, and also those of their competition, and sought to improve each feature."
macphisto

Postby Aceq2jot on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:13 pm

I own both the fullsize in 40 and the Compact in 40 aswell as lots of mags and ton of holsters i have bought :) And when Trijicon released night sights i went out and got some for each pistol. totally green on the compact and orange rears and a green front on the fullsize. When i was loooking at buying a gun my wife gave me an open check book for rentals. So i must have dropped about $300 in rental fees trying everything out, and i came up with the fullsize 40 for me as with the adjustable back straps and they were both the best fit for my hand. I did happen to end up with the early versions of bothe pistols and both have been bak to smith for a new mag release as they were dropping mags.

A good source for info on anything M&P can be found here http://mp-pistol.com/boards/portal.php Very friendly bunch and a lot of info on everything.

And the best price for a M&P in the metro is at Striechers at $450 with night sights for the fullsize.
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby 101CombatVet on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:25 pm

Aceq2jot wrote:I own both the fullsize in 40 and the Compact in 40 aswell as lots of mags and ton of holsters i have bought :) And when Trijicon released night sights i went out and got some for each pistol. totally green on the compact and orange rears and a green front on the fullsize. When i was loooking at buying a gun my wife gave me an open check book for rentals. So i must have dropped about $300 in rental fees trying everything out, and i came up with the fullsize 40 for me as with the adjustable back straps and they were both the best fit for my hand. I did happen to end up with the early versions of bothe pistols and both have been bak to smith for a new mag release as they were dropping mags.

A good source for info on anything M&P can be found here http://mp-pistol.com/boards/portal.php Very friendly bunch and a lot of info on everything.

And the best price for a M&P in the metro is at Striechers at $450 with night sights for the fullsize.

I completly agree are you a member or lurker I do not recognize your screenname I am sure you seen mine pop up from time to time.. These pistols are great My first pistol purchase ever was the full size .40 2 weeks after I got off the plane from Iraq I love the comfort, reliability and the safety on the early models it is an extra comfort with my precious little 3 1/2 year old girl I wish my 9c had it too but oh well... I got 2 free range bags and two free mags on top I love S&W
S&W M&P .40, 9c

www.mp-pistol.com

101CombatVet

Postby macphisto on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:28 pm

101CombatVet wrote:
Aceq2jot wrote:I own both the fullsize in 40 and the Compact in 40 aswell as lots of mags and ton of holsters i have bought :) And when Trijicon released night sights i went out and got some for each pistol. totally green on the compact and orange rears and a green front on the fullsize. When i was loooking at buying a gun my wife gave me an open check book for rentals. So i must have dropped about $300 in rental fees trying everything out, and i came up with the fullsize 40 for me as with the adjustable back straps and they were both the best fit for my hand. I did happen to end up with the early versions of bothe pistols and both have been bak to smith for a new mag release as they were dropping mags.

I completly agree are you a member or lurker I do not recognize your screenname I am sure you seen mine pop up from time to time.. These pistols are great My first pistol purchase ever was the full size .40 2 weeks after I got off the plane from Iraq I love the comfort, reliability and the safety on the early models it is an extra comfort with my precious little 3 1/2 year old girl I wish my 9c had it too but oh well... I got 2 free range bags and two free mags on top I love S&W

Ace has been around. Welcome home and thank you for your service.
macphisto

Postby 101CombatVet on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:38 pm

macphisto wrote:
101CombatVet wrote:

Ace has been around. Welcome home and thank you for your service.

thanx I was asking about the m&p forum though.-Jason
S&W M&P .40, 9c

www.mp-pistol.com

101CombatVet

Postby Aceq2jot on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:26 pm

101CombatVet wrote:

I have posted over there but i have not been on there for a a while as work has kept me busy. I posted a lot on Mag drop issues ;) Or as i call them Teething probs :D I like the mag safety also with a 2 1/2 year old running around.
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby Srigs on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:03 am

I like my 40c and plan on picking up a full size 40 eventually.
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby plblark on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:26 am

fair warning on Streicher's: IT will be difficult for you to get the price if you're not a LEO or security person and able to prove it.

"We can't sell these to Civilians"

I bought mine there and was able to convince the sales person that the situation is thus:
1) They have a CONTRACT with Glock that PROHIBITS them from selling to non-LEO/EMS/Security so they CAN'T
2) They have a request from their S&W distributor that they do the same. No contract but I assume it's so that the Distributor's other sttores are not being harmed by the LEO pricing Streicher's has.
Thus, they CAN sell it to the public but they can't adverttize that fact.

2 floor employees told me they couldn't and the computer screen seemed to indicate they were right. The magic words for me were:
"I realize this is a grey area and don't want to put anyone in a tight spot. Is there anyone we could ask who would KNOW if it's possible and have the ability to make that call?"

Didn't hurt that I knew the name of the person who told me how it worked and I had traded my old gun to make the purchase.

Politeness ruled but it could easily have gone the other way. So, forewarned is fore armed.

That said, Streicher's is a GREAT deal for $450 because it comes WITH the night sites and an extra magazine at a price ~$60 below what I'd found it for elsewhere.
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby pastorpaul on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:57 am

i don't want to spoil a good thing if it is not the norm, but i walked into streicher's july 18 and bought a .40c, $450, no questions asked. added a mag carrier and walked out the door with a receipt and my acquisitions. absolutely the best deal i've seen around here for an m&p. i sure hope others can get the same deal as well.
j in J - pp

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!
pastorpaul

Postby plblark on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:13 am

pastor paul,
I sure hope I'm not the norm then. It would be great if it worked that way and they had a standard rule.

I sure hope it works well for everyone. Forewarned is forearmed.
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Next

Return to Handguns