S&W M&P

Discussion of handguns

Re: S&W M&P

Postby pastorpaul on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:20 am

just had a scary thought: do i look or act like an leo?? all my respect to them but i always try to be more gospel than law. :lol:
j in J - pp

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!
pastorpaul

Postby plblark on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:25 am

well, when I met you you looked like a biker :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby macphisto on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 am

pastorpaul wrote:just had a scary thought: do i look or act like an leo?? all my respect to them but i always try to be more gospel than law. :lol:

I was at Streicher's for the first time the other day buying a gun belt. When I checked out, the salesman requested my personal info and asked whether or not I was a LEO. They didn't ask you?
macphisto

Postby ree on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:15 am

macphisto wrote:I was at Streicher's for the first time the other day buying a gun belt. When I checked out, the salesman requested my personal info and asked whether or not I was a LEO. They didn't ask you?

I've been twice in the past couple months and both times they asked for name info, but it was to manage an account in their system. I think they process in-store purchases the same was as mail order/online purchases (just sans the shipping bit).

They never asked if I was a LEO, but I'm pretty sure I don't look like one (whatever that means) So maybe they just didn't care or maybe they assumed. I assume some items are LEO only, and others might be discounts for LEOs only.
ree

Postby JoeH on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:29 am

The M&P40 is my main pistol and I shoot it in IDPA SSP. The gun has been flawless in well over 1000 rounds.

It did take me a while to get comfortable with the trigger. Your results may vary.
JoeH

Postby pastorpaul on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:46 pm

mac - no, no questions. the guy behind the counter just handed me a receipt and didn't even ask for a signature. i asked, "don't you want me to sign something?" and he said, "no. we handle all our credit card transactions as if they were mail order." i like streicher's.

pblark - you ought to see what i look like on sunday in front of the church. :o
j in J - pp

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!
pastorpaul

Postby glock+ipod on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:14 pm

pastorpaul wrote:pblark - you ought to see what i look like on sunday in front of the church. :o

Do you wear the belt you wore out at Cokato? That was some nice custom leatherwork.
Sliced bread? Nah. Modern Isosceles
glock+ipod

Postby Aceq2jot on Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:14 pm

JoeH wrote:The M&P40 is my main pistol and I shoot it in IDPA SSP. The gun has been flawless in well over 1000 rounds.

It did take me a while to get comfortable with the trigger. Your results may vary.

I choose it for the trigger Primarily as i absolutely hated the triggers on the Glock and the XD. But after all these are both my first two guns. And they both have over 3000 rounds through each of em :D Nothing more relaxing than 300 rounds at the range after a hard day at the school ;)
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby pastorpaul on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:53 pm

glock+ipod - thanx. one of my members in montana made it for me when i left there in '83. i have worn it on sunday, but not often. most of my suits are not western cut anymore.
j in J - pp

pastorpaul

Postby phorvick on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:07 pm

I have the M&P 9mm. I will have it at Bill's on August 18th (doing a class) and anyone that wants to try it surely could. The going rate for renting phorvick's guns is one Diet Pepsi.
Where did I leave the Tardis?
phorvick

Previous

Return to Handguns