Bersa Thunder?

Discussion of handguns

Re: Bersa Thunder?

Postby XD/Dale on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:42 pm

dleong wrote:I have a duo-tone Bersa Thunder 380 that I purchased from (gasp!) Gander Mountain some years ago, when they actually had decent prices on guns.

For the (then) price, it was a well built and reliable firearm with a very good trigger (after the silly magazine safety was removed). And for a short-barrelled sub-compact gun, it shoots surprisingly tight groups with both commercial rounds and my handloads (sub-3" groups at 20 yards). Unfortunately, those groups are centered about 10" below the POA, and the rear sights lack an elevation adjustment.

My good friend purchased a Bersa Thunder 380 not long after I acquired mine, and his shoots about 4" under the POA at 10 yards; he's currently using it as his carry gun.

The Bersa Thunder we saw was at Gander MT also it was going for $340 with wrap around grips and duo-tone finish.
I predict future happiness for
Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the
pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
XD/Dale

Re: Bersa Thunder?

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:43 pm

I just picked up two boxes of Federal Hydro-Shock ammo for my Bersa. So I plan on carrying it concealed now.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Bersa Thunder?

Postby ronin069 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:48 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:I just picked up two boxes of Federal Hydro-Shock ammo for my Bersa. So I plan on carrying it concealed now.

I am sure you have, but I highly recommend burning through a box of this (expensive,I know) at the range to ensure it plays well with your gun. It just would not shoot consistently with either my Bersa or my PPK. That was the #1 reason I traded both and went back to an XD-SC... I did not trust their performance with my family's life.

If the hydro-shock is not to your liking, try Pow-r-ball...it is what I carry with my SC's, and I really like it!

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product ... s_id=74838
"The gun chooses you, you don't choose the gun"
- my wife
ronin069

Previous

Return to Handguns