Manufacture replacing handgun question

Discussion of handguns

Re: Manufacture replacing handgun question

Postby crbutler on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm

grousemaster wrote:

You've had to have replacements from all these companies? Yea right.

OK, I didn't get the replacement win model 70 Coyote .223 WSSM that had the improperly applied chrome barrel liner and they replaced the whole gun through Ahlman's. ( was a manufacturer's recall)

Ok, I didn't get the replacement Remington 1100 that I sent in to the manufacturer to do some customizing work and then have them lose the gun and have a replacement sent.

Ok, so I didn't have a Benelli SBE that I shot until it came apart and sent in to get it fixed (that I had to pay for) and then they told me that they couldn't repair, and sent a replacement instead.

Oh, and the Beretta that had the slide separate from the frame, yeah, that isn't replaced under warrantee either. (Gee, never heard of that happening before)

Sorry that you don't believe folks when they tell the truth sometimes.
crbutler

Postby TRW407 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:06 pm

crbutler wrote:Ok, so I didn't have a Benelli SBE that I shot until it came apart and sent in to get it fixed (that I had to pay for) and then they told me that they couldn't repair, and sent a replacement instead.

Just out of curiosity, how many rounds did you put through it?

I have an older SBE and have put TONS of 3 1/2 shells through it and wondered how much longer it could go... Still functions perfectly though.
"Speed is limited to the minds inability to process the necessary information."
http://www.Tylerwalsh.webs.com
TRW407

Postby crbutler on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:50 pm

I cannot say for sure how many rounds it had before breaking. Well over 5000 rounds of 3.5" (maybe as many as 10K) and over 15000 shooting trap loads. Benelli stepped up and did this despite the gun being a H&K marked gun.

This was the second shotgun I owned, and I hunted pretty much everything with it until I got out of my school debt.
crbutler

Previous

Return to Handguns