glock must have's?

Discussion of handguns

glock must have's?

Postby zachkuby87 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Ok so I have a glock 20sf as my daily carry but I'm going to retire it from daily carry and go back to an xdm. Now I want to soup up my glock for some more "spirited shooting". I've been looking at all kinds of levers,sights,trigger kits, barrels I mean everything... to be honest I'm sort of lost what are the must have parts? I'm not looking to spend thousands more like 2 maybe 3 hundred bucks just to have a semi custom glock that I can have some real fun with. What are good reliable brands?
Last edited by zachkuby87 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zachkuby87

Re: glock must have's

Postby gunforhire on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:43 pm

zachkuby87 wrote:Ok so I have a glock 20sf as my daily carry but I'm going to retire it from daily carry and go back to an xdm. Now I want to soup up my glock for some more "spirited shooting". I've been looking at all kinds of levers,sights,trigger kits, barrels I mean everything... to be honest I'm sort of lost what are the must have parts? I'm not looking to spend thousands more like 2 maybe 3 hundred bucks just to have a semi custom glock that I can have some real fun with. What are good reliable brands?

Lone wolf has pretty much everything you need, if you don't just get factory glock stuff. I plan on getting a timberwolf frame from them and building my own non-glock glock in 10mm as my next gun project after I get my turkey gun project done
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby MrVvrroomm on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:45 pm

gunforhire wrote:I plan on getting a timberwolf frame from them and building my own non-glock glock in 10mm as my next gun project
That will be quite a project since Lone Wolf only makes their frame in the standard size Glock, not large frame.

You'll need a large frame if you're going 10mm.

I was actually a beta tester when they came out with their frame a couple of years ago. I know they've made improvements on it, but the one I had was a piece of ****.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Re: glock must have's?

Postby Thunder71 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Ammo.
Thunder71

Postby thunderoussilence on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 pm

My EDC is a G22 upgrades I did

Ext slide release
Bar sto Barrel For my hot reloads
Fiber optic sights
Lasermax internal red dot sight

Also same upgrades on my Gen 3 G23
thunderoussilence

Postby gunforhire on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:06 am

MrVvrroomm wrote:
gunforhire wrote:I plan on getting a timberwolf frame from them and building my own non-glock glock in 10mm as my next gun project
That will be quite a project since Lone Wolf only makes their frame in the standard size Glock, not large frame.

You'll need a large frame if you're going 10mm.

I was actually a beta tester when they came out with their frame a couple of years ago. I know they've made improvements on it, but the one I had was a piece of ****.

clearly I need to get my facts straight:doh: Thanks for the heads up. I just got my AR 100 percent finished and am focused on getting my "turkey gun" done right now. this pistol project is gonna likley be on the back burner till at least august anyway
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby justaguy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:11 pm

I have read a couple times that its best to leave them stock. Once you start **** with them problems arise. I probably read that on the interweb, and you are reading this from the interweb.

Remember what you paid for this information.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby zachkuby87 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Yeah I understand it may cause problems. That's why I'm asking what reputable companies are out the. I'm most likely going to get a barrel new extended levers and maybe some trigger parts. No actual smithing will be going on just drop in parts. I might do a little home stipple job if I can work up the courage.
zachkuby87

Postby EAJuggalo on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:31 pm

There are only two people I would trust to work on my Glocks on this board, Vvrroomm and DonL. DonL will tell you not to touch anything and leave it all stock, which I agree with. Vvrroomm seems to enjoy finding out how much aftermarket crap you can put on a perfectly functional gun.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby zachkuby87 on Tue May 01, 2012 2:41 am

Gonna order a lone wolf barrel black blindmarked with the glock logo on the hood along with grip plug,levers and some night sights. Then I'm done.
zachkuby87

Postby MrVvrroomm on Tue May 01, 2012 3:33 am

zachkuby87 wrote:Gonna order a lone wolf barrel black blindmarked with the glock logo on the hood along with grip plug,levers and some night sights. Then I'm done.
Are you buying the new barrel to shoot lead? If not, stick with your Glock oem barrel. No one makes a stronger barrel for a Glock than Glock.

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby zachkuby87 on Tue May 01, 2012 3:49 am

I was under the impression that the lonewolf barrel would be an upgrade. If not that order is out the door. Unless I do reload for it one day who knows?
zachkuby87

Postby MrVvrroomm on Tue May 01, 2012 6:11 am

zachkuby87 wrote:I was under the impression that the lonewolf barrel would be an upgrade. If not that order is out the door. Unless I do reload for it one day who knows?

Anything that says Lone Wolf on it is not an upgrade.

Certified Glock Armorer

MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby JoeH on Tue May 01, 2012 8:49 am

Glock must have??? a first aid kit :rotf:
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby EAJuggalo on Tue May 01, 2012 4:49 pm

What are you trying to do with the gun? Unless you're going to shoot bare lead or are really worried about that extra 1/16 inch in group size there isn't any reason to get an aftermarket barrel.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Next

Return to Handguns