Colt Python.....Who has 1...

Discussion of handguns

Colt Python.....Who has 1...

Postby Muddy41 on Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 pm

I have a friend of mine that is looking for a Colt Python..He has not been able to find one in a store so far and I know I have not seen any as well..

Does anyone know of a person or a store that has one of these in stock that he can go see and more than likely spend the bucks on..I know he is not wanting to buy a used one..He is only wanting new..

So let me know if you are aware of where the could be one in stock somewhere..

Thanks
Muddy41

Re: Colt Python.....Who has 1...

Postby JJ on Wed May 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Considering the python ceased general production in '99, you may have a tough time findding a new one. And if you did, you would pay a SEVERE premium.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby mn_smokeater on Wed May 23, 2012 3:23 pm

JJ wrote:Considering the python ceased general production in '99, you may have a tough time findding a new one. And if you did, you would pay a SEVERE premium.

This.

I have looked at a few threads on Sigfourm and a few guys have a few of them that are NIB and I am pretty sure some would carve out a teste before they sold one of their Pythons :shock:

They are out there though but he will pay a pretty penny for one unless he lucks into one from a window or some such.
That guy from the Hinterlands of the Nord.
mn_smokeater

Postby GunGoogler on Wed May 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Muddy41 wrote:I have a friend of mine that is looking for a Colt Python..He has not been able to find one in a store so far and I know I have not seen any as well..

Does anyone know of a person or a store that has one of these in stock that he can go see and more than likely spend the bucks on..I know he is not wanting to buy a used one..He is only wanting new..

So let me know if you are aware of where the could be one in stock somewhere..

Thanks

There are several on GunBroker.com that are reported as new or as closed to new as a gun that is a minimum of 13 years old can be. Unfortunately, your friend should be prepared to pay $5000+.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Muddy41 on Wed May 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Holy crap Batman I would never have guessed prices like that!!! Thanks for some info..I will inform him that it will either be impossible to get....Or tell him to play the Powerball more so he can actually afford a new one...

I was not aware they were discontinued...

I know he has some cash...Mut not sure that much...

Thanks
Muddy41

Postby mn_smokeater on Wed May 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Muddy41 wrote:Holy crap Batman I would never have guessed prices like that!!! Thanks for some info..I will inform him that it will either be impossible to get....Or tell him to play the Powerball more so he can actually afford a new one...

I was not aware they were discontinued...

I know he has some cash...Mut not sure that much...

Thanks

Tell him though not to give up hope fully one never knows what one can find at say a garage sale aka I got this old gun laying round, so one never knows ;)
That guy from the Hinterlands of the Nord.
mn_smokeater

Postby Belgiboy on Wed May 23, 2012 5:23 pm

I have one and I'll donate my liver before I let my Python go. Good luck with the search though. I pretty much stopped buying handguns after I got it. It is the best looking firearm in the galaxy.
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby tim on Wed May 23, 2012 5:35 pm

They come up on armslist every now and then, and no where near $5k either.
tim

Postby xracer390 on Wed May 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Belgiboy wrote:I have one and I'll donate my liver before I let my Python go. Good luck with the search though. I pretty much stopped buying handguns after I got it. It is the best looking firearm in the galaxy.

I been lookin for a liver....does it come with bacon and onions ?
Burnouts, big horsepower, and things that go bang!
xracer390

Postby Ramoel on Wed May 23, 2012 8:12 pm

I've got one I bought new in 1982. Still just like new. It's a fairly rare 6 inch electroless nickle model complete with the box and all the paperwork.

It only has about 500 rounds through it, mostly mild handloads. I took it deer hunting once and bagged a nice doe. It sits in the safe these days.

I've thought about trading or selling it since it's a safe queen but I'm not sure I want to let it go.
Last edited by Ramoel on Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron

NRA Life Member
USS Bristol DD857

Everyone dies, some live first...
Ramoel

Postby onebohemian on Wed May 23, 2012 8:19 pm

tim wrote:They come up on armslist every now and then, and no where near $5k either.

This. They seem to fall more in the $1K to $2K range, depending on condition. Pop up more often than I'd expect. Like every other gun, there's someone out there willing to sell it because the owner's got his eye on something else, needs to make a house payment, etc. Patience pays off. BTW, if your friend didn't realize these were discontinued over a decade ago, he should probably do some research before he tries to buy anything. Doesn't sound like he's going to be able to be an informed seller and not get taken if he isn't even aware of this basic fact about pythons.

Good luck,
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby CarRacer on Wed May 23, 2012 8:50 pm

I wonder if the main character in The Walking Dead carrying one affects price at all? I'm sure a few more people are interested in them or reminded of them when they see it on the screen.
CarRacer

Postby Pezhead on Thu May 24, 2012 7:01 am

I've seen one guy that had some for sale at one of the guns show. If I remember they where all un $2000.00.
Everyone that shhots one really likes them. And they look so nice and pretty.
Lady Blue(tv series) carried a 4" blued one.
Pezhead

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu May 24, 2012 7:05 am

mn_smokeater wrote:Tell him though not to give up hope fully one never knows what one can find at say a garage sale aka I got this old gun laying round, so one never knows ;)

Finding a Colt........... at a garage sale? Wow. Who would ever be so lucky.

Hee hee. :D
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Angus on Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 am

there was a blued 6 inch at gs
I have a stainless 3.5(?) great gun+ investment. if your looking for something to shoot I would just get a 686
Angus

Next

Return to Handguns