Ruger 10/22 Target Tactical

Discussion of handguns

Postby stottingmuley on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:46 am

Has anyone seen one of these recently? I've been looking , but I have not been able to find one in a store. It's the one with a Houge overmolded stock and a 16 inch bull barrel. Iput a WTB ad in the for sale forum in case a member has one they are lookng to sell. also, if anyone has/ had one, what did you think of it. Thanks.
My old man told me, before he left this ******* world, never chase buses or women, you'll always be left behind.
stottingmuley

Re: Ruger 10/22 Target Tactical

Postby Hmac on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:24 am

stottingmuley wrote:Has anyone seen one of these recently? I've been looking , but I have not been able to find one in a store. It's the one with a Houge overmolded stock and a 16 inch bull barrel. Iput a WTB ad in the for sale forum in case a member has one they are lookng to sell. also, if anyone has/ had one, what did you think of it. Thanks.

I recently had one, put it for sale here as well as a few other places and it was sold within about 1/2 hour of posting.

I really liked that rifle. So much so, in fact, that I built one like it as a sort of spare-no-expense rifle using an old receiver I bought from my LGS, a Hogue OM stock, a VQ trigger group, Kidd 16 inch bull barrel, Kidd bolt and charging rod. I like the one I built better than the OEM...cycles smoother and a little more accurate.

Hmac

Postby MnHornet on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:00 pm

stottingmuley wrote:Has anyone seen one of these recently? I've been looking , but I have not been able to find one in a store. It's the one with a Houge overmolded stock and a 16 inch bull barrel. Iput a WTB ad in the for sale forum in case a member has one they are lookng to sell. also, if anyone has/ had one, what did you think of it. Thanks.

Check out rimfire central, lots of info on 10/22 mods. They are easy and fun to mod.
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Postby Dill on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:25 pm

I have a 'home made' one. Hogue over mold stock with a Midway barrel. It's more accurate than I am. I might part with it for the right price, I kind of wanted to try out a 10/22 take down model anyways.
Dill

Postby mc762x54R on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:36 pm

they had 2 of them a couple months ago at Frontiersman..very cool stock on them
mc762x54R

Postby Hammered Squirrel on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Wrong forum rook... Hahaha
Hammered Squirrel

Postby stottingmuley on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Dill, thanks for the offer, but I'm looking towards the ruger for the company backing. Someday I'll build a custom one myself but now is not the time. MC, thanks for the tip. I'll phone out there tomorrow. BTW I apologize, I didn't realize when I started this post that I wasn't in the long guns forum.
My old man told me, before he left this ******* world, never chase buses or women, you'll always be left behind.
stottingmuley

Postby tim on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48 am

Hart Bros. In Albert Lea seems to always have one on hand when I'm in there. No idea on price or current inventory but may be worth a call.
tim

Postby stottingmuley on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 pm

I called around and Hart Bros was the only place with them. Tim, how are they on trades? I've got a rifle I don't shoot at all, won't shoot, and would get way more use and enjoyment from the 10/22. That is the route I would prefer.
stottingmuley

Postby tim on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:40 am

stottingmuley wrote:I called around and Hart Bros was the only place with them. Tim, how are they on trades? I've got a rifle I don't shoot at all, won't shoot, and would get way more use and enjoyment from the 10/22. That is the route I would prefer.

I believe the owner is out til the end of the week so no trades til he's back. Other than that he'll trade anything as long as there's money to be made. Stay off the topic of religion and politics if you stop in, unless you have lots of time to kill. They have a pretty good inventory of a lot of nice firearms. Enjoy.
tim

Postby photogpat on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:44 am

stottingmuley wrote:I called around and Hart Bros was the only place with them. Tim, how are they on trades? I've got a rifle I don't shoot at all, won't shoot, and would get way more use and enjoyment from the 10/22. That is the route I would prefer.

I'd try selling your rifle here first - you'll likely make more $$ than they'll give you in trade in value, and make a few friends besides! :D

Just don't bump your thread, or change it, or try to be cute, or make funny faces, and absolutely NEVER have anyone comment on it unless they're asking a question
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby stottingmuley on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:22 pm

photogpat wrote:

I'd try selling your rifle here first - you'll likely make more $$ than they'll give you in trade in value, and make a few friends besides! :D

Just don't bump your thread, or change it, or try to be cute, or make funny faces, and absolutely NEVER have anyone comment on it unless they're asking a question

photogpat, I had that deer rifle you were looking for. But i think you were looking for a .308, mine's 7mm Rem Mag. Big kickin, lol.
stottingmuley

Postby photogpat on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:48 pm

stottingmuley wrote:
photogpat wrote:

photogpat, I had that deer rifle you were looking for. But i think you were looking for a .308, mine's 7mm Rem Mag. Big kickin, lol.

I picked up RobD's sweet Savage 110....ran it through its paces this weekend...that's my deer gun! 7mm would be nice if I ever opted for that Western Elk hunt I keep threatening my wife I'm going to take! :lol:
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby guaranlam on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:28 pm

I want one, who has one for sale?!!!
guaranlam

Return to Handguns