Revolver grip recommendations

Discussion of handguns

Revolver grip recommendations

Postby roadkillbill on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:19 am

Hi, I've got a S&W 625 JM. I am not crazy about the grips, too slick and undersized in my opinion. Anybody want to share opinions? Thanks.
roadkillbill

Re: Revolver grip recommendations

Postby Stradawhovious on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:47 am

Hogue makes a competition grip that is fantastic. I'm still kicking myself for selling my set on the comp revo I sold, and am thinking about buying another grip for my 5" 625.

Here is a pic, it's (obviously) the gun on the bottom.

They run about $50, and come in different comfigurations. All wood, all rubber, hybrid etc. I highly recommend them. Good grip, and the pinky kick on the bottom gives you a place fro your weak hand pinky. Great stability.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby sgruenhagen44 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 am

hogue all the way. Had one on my super black hawk, and my super red hawk comes stock with it.
sgruenhagen44

Postby solidgun on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:03 am

Do you have excessively sweaty hands? Personally, I can't use rubber or simple texture plastic grips. I get G10 or wood.

http://mactec-militaryarms.com/nill_grips.html
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby roadkillbill on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 am

Negative on the sweaty hands, I think I'm leaning towards the other fellows recommendations. I like a beefier grip, with the finger grooves.
roadkillbill

Postby rugersol on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:21 am

S&W used to ship N-frames with somethin' like these, in the late '80's ...

... those were the fattest grips I'd ever handled! ... but, it's a different feel from the round-to-square conversion grips!

I've since been competing mostly with a 1911 ... at which, I'm now favoring much more slender grips ... which is kinda odd, 'cause I've got XXL hands!

I now actually favor the factory/hogue rubber grips ... as they're among the most slender! ... and the extra traction is nice!

If ya want a fatter grip, but with some traction, I'd look at slippin' a hand-all 'er some such over a wood grip ... that JM might be a nice one, fer that?! ... not sure if anyone makes any such thing that'd fit well, though?! ... maybe borrow one, to check it out?!

Maybe seek out some 1-on-1 training ... work on yer grip ... if ya don't like Miculek's style ... and ya don't like Strad 'er my style ... maybe it's you?! :?
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Return to Handguns