The new Ruger SR1911CMD

Discussion of handguns

Re: The new Ruger SR1911CMD

Postby SkyRock on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 am

westhope wrote:Why would the CMD capacity be listed as "7+1" and the full size capacity be "8+1"? Commanders take the same magazine as a full size. The height is the same (5.45) as the full size.

Probably trying to avoid the "hi-cap clip" hysteria. :bolt: :lalala:
SkyRock

Re: The new Ruger SR1911CMD

Postby Rand McNally on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 am

Very interesting. I have a LCP and really like it. It is nice to just throw in a pocket in the summer time when carrying the Glock is not wanted. The only bad thing is the HORRIBLE trigger and the sights suck. Surprisingly it is really accurate, but I would much rather having some 3 dot night sights on it vs the machined blacked out sights that come with it. The LC380 sights look like real sights, but if it is the same as the LC9, it is considerably bigger than the LCP. Hindsight be what it is, I would have waited for the S&W Bodyguard 380, but it came out like 2 years after I had the LCP and there are too many other toys I want/need.

I have handled the Ruger 1911's a few times and from what I hear from those that have them/have shot them, they are pretty nice 1911's for the price. Obviously there are better ones out there, but you have to pay the extra price tag that goes with them. My only complaint is they don't have a black option. Stainless is nice if you are into that, but I prefer black. I guess I could Duracoat it... They sure look nice though...
Rand McNally

Previous

Return to Handguns