New purchase. A mans toy!

Discussion of handguns

Postby greenfarmer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:18 am

Went to the Donnie smith bike show yesterday with the wife and a few buds. Stopped at Arnzen arms, gander, the J&S gun shop. After the bike show had to go back to Arnzen arms and buy a new toy. Couldn't wait to get home and try it out. All I can say is wow! Even the wife shot! She was actually the first one, and she even loved it! She even kinda pushed me into buying it! This desert eagle is impressive!
Attachments
image.jpg
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Re: New purchase. A mans toy!

Postby brad3579 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 am

Very nice looking toy
brad3579

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 am

It IS the 50, right?? Otherwise it don't come with the Man Card...

"Because in a pinch, it don't mean nothin if it ain't a full half inch"

Copyright 2013, The 800 lb. Reloading Troll

Eat your heart out, Michael Buffer....
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby greenfarmer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 am

brad3579 wrote:Very nice looking toy

Thanks! I have to say it's pretty awesome to shoot. I've watched the youtube videos of people shooting them and started drooling. I had to get one. It's well worth it! We got home around 9 last night and stopped off at one of the guys houses, and just went between his machine shed, and shop, and shot it at a target out into his woods out in the middle of nowhere in the country, and it was awesome! such a crisp bark! I will say it's a mans gun though. The grip is huge, and the weight is significant. When you put this bad boy in your hands you know your holding something. I have many different pistols, and if you can handle this, you can handle any of them.

I love that it's made in Pillager MN as well! Nothing better than supporting some of your own!
greenfarmer

Postby greenfarmer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 am

Seismic Sam wrote:It IS the 50, right?? Otherwise it don't come with the Man Card...

"Because in a pinch, it don't mean nothin if it ain't a full half inch"

Copyright 2013, The 800 lb. Reloading Troll

Eat your heart out, Michael Buffer....

Yes sir! It's a .50! The rounds aren't cheap, but hey.... It's fun! 300 grain 50AE.... It's a simple but impressive gun. I'm like a kid in a candy store with this one. I've been grinning ear to ear since i shot it last night.
greenfarmer

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 am

Congrats on the desert eagle. I love my mark VII in .44 magnum.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby RJWesleyIII on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 am

They are sweet! I love mine! I reload for it so its not so bad every time I squeeze that trigger.
RJWesleyIII

Postby Rodentman on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:05 am

It's great fun. Mine is the made in Israel model, and the 10" bbl is mounted...

Rodentman

Postby greenfarmer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:24 am

RJWesleyIII wrote:They are sweet! I love mine! I reload for it so its not so bad every time I squeeze that trigger.

Yeah, i would love to learn how to reload. I know nothing about it. Reloading makes so much sense when you can shoot for a fraction of the cost of always buying. And always saving your brass only takes a minute or two after shooting to pick it up. Although, when we all took a turn last night squeezing the trigger, everyone kept their casing as a "momento" of the occassion. :lol:

I bought 2 boxes of 20 rounds yesterday at Arnzen when i bought the gun, i should have bought more. And that was over 1900 out the door. At the time I didn't think i'd want to keep shooting it so badly and didn't buy more than i should! Arnzen is closed today, but i found some at Bills in Circle pines. I might have to make an hour and a half drive just because i want to keep this extremely large grin going right now.
greenfarmer

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:26 am

Here is mine. The Hogue Grip is a great upgrade. Thanks again to Rodentman for Hooking me up with one.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby RJWesleyIII on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:30 am

I did exactly the same when I first bought mine. 2 boxes wasn't enough. I found myself driving all over looking for ammo. And I think I was paying 35 bucks for 20 rnds. I can't remember the last time I had to buy ammo for that gun. What's it selling for now?
RJWesleyIII

Postby RJWesleyIII on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 am

+1 The hogue grip is a must have upgrade in my opinion.
RJWesleyIII

Postby greenfarmer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 am

Just for size comparison for ones that have never seen a Desert Eagle. This is mine along side of my S&W 1911 .45

Paid 1730 for the gun. They had the chrome one, no muzzle break for 1775 and gander in Eden prairie had the same chrome one for 2199. Needless to say I spent cash at Arnzen instead. The Hornady 50AE was 31.33 for a box of 20 there. It's probably the most expensive ammo I've ever bought, but the grin from squeezing the trigger is priceless! That 50 sure makes a .45acp seem tiny. And I was impressed with the .45 over my .40 and 9mm.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
greenfarmer

Postby RJWesleyIII on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:02 am

I wonder if they can add that brake to one that doesn't come with it. I like that look!
RJWesleyIII

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:23 am

RJWesleyIII wrote:I wonder if they can add that brake to one that doesn't come with it. I like that look!

Contact Magnum Research. I'm sure they could, but I bet it will cost ya... :o
PHATSPEED7x

Next

Return to Handguns