Are Handguns becoming more available?

Discussion of handguns

Are Handguns becoming more available?

Postby IDPA Shooter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:44 pm

I was at the Roger's Cabelas today and they had a nice array of handguns, Glocks, Sigs, Walther, Ruger, M&P. Saw several models of each brand.

Someone asked are they display only and the clerk said no, they were for sale. I have not been looking lately, but the prices seemed typical for Cabelas.

BTW the lot was full at Gander's new store in Rogers. Sign said opening soon, not that I'm a fan.

Ammo was another matter, zero common centerfire, no 22 or .223

Sent from HTC EVO LTE via Taptalk
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Re: Are Handguns becoming more available?

Postby patrick on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Maybe they just got a shipment in.I went to some shops around here over the weekend and none of them had much.I was trying to find some 9mm ammo.I found none.Let's hope the ammo situation will be fixed soon.If it ever gets back to where it was I'll be stocking up.
I live in Bloomington Mn!!!!
patrick

Postby xd ED on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 pm

patrick wrote:Maybe they just got a shipment in.I went to some shops around here over the weekend and none of them had much.I was trying to find some 9mm ammo.I found none.Let's hope the ammo situation will be fixed soon.If it ever gets back to where it was I'll be stocking up.

It seems lots of folks are waiting for lots of folks to stop buying ammo so they can start buying ammo :cogitating:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby onebohemian on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 pm

This past sunday morning at around 9:35, I drove by the Blaine Gander and there was a line of guys presumably waiting for the store to open. The line went nearly to the end of the building. Had to be 40 to 60 people waiting. I assume the store opens at 10:00 on sundays, and that the weekly ad had some ammo in it, or maybe Sunday mornings are just a good time to hit Gander these days. When I drove by again at around 10:45, the parking lot was a lot emptier and the line of customers was gone. I was going to check the ad just to see if I was right about my hunch that it included some ammo but never got around to it.
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby tenmilmag on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Yep, Gander had big guns n ammo bonanza. Free 10$ gift cards first 100 thru the door. Check local ammo finds thread top of accessories forum page 8 for my in store account.
tenmilmag

Postby RussC on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 pm

As someone who works on the distribution side I would say supply is gaining some ground on demand, although it has a very long way to go. Ammo is still a whole different story. That's gonna take much longer to catch up to demand IMO.
RussC

Postby patrick on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:15 am

xd ED wrote:
patrick wrote:Maybe they just got a shipment in.I went to some shops around here over the weekend and none of them had much.I was trying to find some 9mm ammo.I found none.Let's hope the ammo situation will be fixed soon.If it ever gets back to where it was I'll be stocking up.

It seems lots of folks are waiting for lots of folks to stop buying ammo so they can start buying ammo :cogitating:

Good point.
I live in Bloomington Mn!!!!
patrick

Postby not2worried on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:49 am

Worker at Bill's said things are improving in the handgun market, but still not great.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
not2worried

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:40 pm

My local dealers seem to have a good selection on hand... Still no ammo though...
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby wildfan1 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm just a small time dealer, but as you can see on my inventory thread in the marketplace things appear to be easing as far as handguns. Ammo is still a challenge

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
wildfan1

Postby photogpat on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 pm

The counter at Metro Gun Club had a whole bunch of stuff today...no bargains, but it was all in stock!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Return to Handguns