Zip 22 - RANGE REPORT SOON!

Discussion of handguns

Zip 22 - RANGE REPORT SOON!

Postby Shipyard on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:52 am

seen these come up on some sale sights lately (grossly overpriced but... ) they look damn cool. since i've got a penchant for the weird in the gun world, i'm dying to get my grubby little hands on one...

anyone ever shot one? anyone local have one on the rack? i got a grip of 10/22 mags around here....

http://zipfactory.com/
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (10.89 KB) Viewed 5242 times
Last edited by Shipyard on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Zip 22 - anyone fired one? local sales?

Postby unit44justin on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:01 am

Look up cutlery lover on YouTube he has a few videos of him shooting one. I personally would waste the money for a headache.
unit44justin

Re: Zip 22 - anyone fired one? local sales?

Postby grousemaster on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:12 am

Looks like the plasma pistol on halo or something....GOOOOOO!!
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Sigfan220 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Bills south had one last week. I checked it out, they are interesting.
Sigfan220

Postby justinvan on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Little Crow in Hutchinson had one. It was cool, but I left it there for somebody else. I figure I already own app. 20 different .22 and don't need anymore at this time.
Last edited by justinvan on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justinvan

Postby RJWesleyIII on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:08 pm

I've had one on order for awhile. I've also noticed they have a lot if issues according to people on youtube. I'm gonna give it a go when it comes in and see what happens. They do look cool!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
RJWesleyIII

Postby Evad on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Exotic for sure. The style, and the ammo :lol:
Evad

Postby Drizzle on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:32 pm

I did read a couple of places they can fire out of battery, and with the cocking mechanism right by the muzzle, that can't be all good. Also read one review that they don't work real well with the larger mags, only the small 10/22 models work.
Drizzle

Postby igofast on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:04 am

Got one but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet - hopefully this weekend. Took it apart, lots of neat features.

Davidson's exclusive, so keep an eye on their site if you want to order for not obnoxious prices.

Also read one review that they don't work real well with the larger mags, only the small 10/22 models work.

They have posted a fix for this in the form of a new spring. Don't know why it would work fine in a 10/22 but not in their pistol if it was designed for it.

They also address alot of early reviews in their manual such as gritty triggers and ammo selection in addition to the magazine.
igofast

Postby Erud on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:46 am

If that thing is the "future of fun", I think I'll stay in the past and/or present. I do like the fact that you have to put your hands right in front of the muzzle to charge it though! That seems like a good idea. :shock: If you hook it up to your AR like they show on the website, you can almost put your hand in front of 2 muzzles at the same time!

Perhaps in the future all guns will require you to point them at yourself to operate? :hmm:
Erud

Postby rockcreek on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:11 pm

I have sold a few of them now, and had pretty good feedback. The early ones didn't run well with the BX-25 mags because they cycled faster than 10/22's and the rounds couldn't come up fast enough to get caught by the bolt. They now come with several springs for standard and high velocity ammo to tune them. They are only distributed by Davidsons, so they at least have the lifetime replacement warranty. I can't think of anything they do that a "regular" .22 pistol can't, but they are definitely interesting. The trigger sucks BTW. A lot of the parts are made in MN, and assembled in CT.
rockcreek

Postby rukwikenuf on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:41 pm

i don't like the fact that cocking it requires muzzling your own hand (basically)

however, if you get one Shippy, i'd be glad to donate a few rounds to the theory of "product research" ;)
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby grousemaster on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:02 pm

What are the selling points of this pistol?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Shipyard on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:20 pm

grousemaster wrote:What are the selling points of this pistol?

didn't you see the picture? :lol:

about the same as big knockers at bar close i guess. beer goggles may be required for some with more discriminating tastes...
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby Tronster on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Spend a little time on youtube. The zip .22 doesn't seem to be a high functioning pistol.

Typical vid: shoot, jam, muzzle sweep while clearing, shoot, jam, muzzle sweep while clearing, shoot, click, empty chamber, muzzle sweep while rechambering...
Tronster

Next

Return to Handguns