EAA Witness 10mm

Discussion of handguns

EAA Witness 10mm

Postby Mauser98 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:43 pm

I have a possible deal on an EAA Witness 10mm in stainless. I was looking for a little feedback on this model as I've read good and bad about it. I've shot a 9mm in the this platform and I like the feel and fit.

It comes with 4 mags and 2 holsters and has a little holster wear. Other than that its in good shape. He's asking $400 for the package.

Sent from somewhere in MN, ND, WI, or even SD
Mauser98

Re: EAA Witness 10mm

Postby Dakotared on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I have on in wonderfinsh. So when you say stainless do you mean the "match" or "limited"'? With 4 mags and 2 holsters you can not really go wrong with the deal. They are great guns but EAA sucks if you have to deal with them. I did have to send mine back and it took 2 times to get it right with me paying shipping both ways.

With the info you gave and not seeing it is a bit hard to tell but for $400 it sounds like a decant deal. If it is a "match" it is a better deal and if it is a "limited" BUY IT!!!!
Last edited by Dakotared on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dakotared

Postby grousemaster on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Let us know if you get it and how you like it. I thought about getting one and went with the G20 instead due to capacity/weight.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Mauser98 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:14 pm

He's not sure if its a match or limited but it does have the wonder finish.

I haven't seen it yet, but its from my sisters boyfriend and I know him well. He'd send me pics but he's OTR in Wisconsin ATM.

Mauser98

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:45 pm

We're having a terminology failure here. Plain EAA Winessses come in Blued and Wonderfinish. The newer Stock and Match models have a better grade of finish, which I suspect is still Wonderfinish, and come in all Wonderfinish and Wonderfinsh and Blued two tone like a Bren Ten. The EAA LIMITED is another thing altogether, and your chances of getting one of those for $400 is about as good as me having J Lo call me up for a date. For $400 I would expect a plain EAA Witness, and in 10mm you want a Wolff 22# recoil spring if you're going to shoot REAL 10mm ammo. When I got my EAA about 15 years ago they were $349 NIB...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby grousemaster on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:We're having a terminology failure here. Plain EAA Winessses come in Blued and Wonderfinish. The newer Stock and Match models have a better grade of finish, which I suspect is still Wonderfinish, and come in all Wonderfinish and Wonderfinsh and Blued two tone like a Bren Ten. The EAA LIMITED is another thing altogether, and your chances of getting one of those for $400 is about as good as me having J Lo call me up for a date. For $400 I would expect a plain EAA Witness, and in 10mm you want a Wolff 22# recoil spring if you're going to shoot REAL 10mm ammo. When I got my EAA about 15 years ago they were $349 NIB...

Thread hijack warning!

Sam,

I just ordered a G20sf....would you recommend upgrading recoil spring as well as barrel before putting REAL 10mm reloads through it? (jacketed only)

I don't know how to reload 10mm, but I figure I'll just use my .40 setup and fill the casings most of the way full with unique....sound good? (just kidding, I'll RTFM)
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Re: Re: EAA Witness 10mm

Postby Mauser98 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:We're having a terminology failure here. Plain EAA Winessses come in Blued and Wonderfinish. The newer Stock and Match models have a better grade of finish, which I suspect is still Wonderfinish, and come in all Wonderfinish and Wonderfinsh and Blued two tone like a Bren Ten. The EAA LIMITED is another thing altogether, and your chances of getting one of those for $400 is about as good as me having J Lo call me up for a date. For $400 I would expect a plain EAA Witness, and in 10mm you want a Wolff 22# recoil spring if you're going to shoot REAL 10mm ammo. When I got my EAA about 15 years ago they were $349 NIB...

Yep, I'll admit a lack of knowledge on the EAA models. I know they're a CZ75 clone and that's about it.

I think I'll bite on the deal.

Looks like I'll need to get that wolf spring.

Mauser98

Postby Mauser98 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 pm

grousemaster wrote:I don't know how to reload 10mm, but I figure I'll just use my .40 setup and fill the casings most of the way full with unique....sound good? (just kidding, I'll RTFM)

I figured that you'd use a drop funnel to fill the case full and card off level. Then seat the bullet. Should also consider a magnum primer. Jk jk.

I also have some reading to do, and more supplies to shop for now.

Mauser98

Postby FJ540 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Mauser98 wrote:
grousemaster wrote:I don't know how to reload 10mm, but I figure I'll just use my .40 setup and fill the casings most of the way full with unique....sound good? (just kidding, I'll RTFM)

I figured that you'd use a drop funnel to fill the case full and card off level. Then seat the bullet. Should also consider a magnum primer. Jk jk.

If you leave it mounded, that's +P. :lol:
FJ540

Postby grousemaster on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:19 am

FJ540 wrote:
Mauser98 wrote:

If you leave it mounded, that's +P. :lol:

Interesting, Underwood ammo lists their hottest 10mm loads as GTG in the Glock and EAA, but not for use in the Colt.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Rodentman on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:05 am

Reloading 10mm isn't any tougher than 40 or any other cartridge. I run mine thru the Redding GRX full length resizer. That's the only extra step. I've never bought any 10mm factory ammo. I didn't change the springs in my G20 or G29 or DW Sportsman. I prefer the 610 and 310NG with moon clips however.

The cartridge is one of my favorites.
Rodentman

Postby thunderoussilence on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:19 am

Pass on it I have heard they eat noobs to 10mm. j/k
thunderoussilence

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:14 am

One very IMPORTANT note on 10mm: If you are loading near max loads (and I load .5 grains below max just to be on the safe side) the primer pockets WILL loosen up after 5 or 6 shootings, and then you want to mark the bottom of that case with a magic marker, and heave it when you're done shooting. Finding these cases is EASY with a Lee Autoprime system, less easy with a turret press priming system, and WTFK??? for a Dillon 550 were you're cranking out hundreds of rounds per hour.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 am

As yes, n00bs and 10mm - this is actually where I became a full fledged 800 pound troll, because we had some idiot in here in a 10mm load thread who stated that you could probably use 40 S&W cases to shoot 10mm loads IN a 10mm, and HammAR responded back with what happened if you just shot a 40 S&W in a 10mm, and that was bad enough. (Massive headspace problem, the primer blows out, and all the pressure comes back into the action and dam near wrecks the gun and shooter.) The idiot shrugged that off, plus a few other comments, and I went after him with a meat axe on PM and told him about the huge EFFEN liability problem that he had just created for himself, and was going to follow him around like a felony conviction for as long as that post was out there, and I got pretty graphic about the blood and gore part of it, and sitting in a court room with those kind of pictures being paraded in front of a jury with some poor slob with half a hand like I have. Apparently I was sufficiently unpleasant and nasty, and that idiot never came back again.

The worst part, which was not recognized by most of the members of the board initially, was that if you Googled "favorite 10mm loads", THAT post came up #1 or #2 on the internet for MONTHS afterwards.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Mauser98 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Well the deal didn't happen. He was able to get some funds another way. :sad:

Thanks for the help everyone.

Mauser98

Return to Handguns