Walther P22 not firing

Discussion of handguns

Walther P22 not firing

Postby Kelor on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:10 am

I'm assuming I have a bad firing pin. It stopped firing well more than half the time this weekend.

Sometimes it would shoot 6-8 rounds no problem. Then it wouldn't fire for the next 20.

Is there a gunsmith on the north side (I'm in New Brighton) that someone can recommend?
Kelor

Re: Walther P22 not firing

Postby rugersol on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:33 am

Kelor wrote:I'm assuming I have a bad firing pin. It stopped firing well more than half the time this weekend.

Sometimes it would shoot 6-8 rounds no problem. Then it wouldn't fire for the next 20.

Is there a gunsmith on the north side (I'm in New Brighton) that someone can recommend?

I'd send it back under warranty!

... not sayin ya don't know better ... but FWIW, the one time someone asked me about the same issue with the same gun, the safety was on ... to be fair, it wasn't abundantly clear which position was on er off! ... maybe yer bumping it?

... are the shells gettin dinged, at all? ... or ... duds? ... maybe try another brand?
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby onebohemian on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:46 am

The older ones had hammer and "stove bolt" problems. Here's a link to other links to places where the p22 bible is saved. Every owner wanting to fix these should review this.

http://gunlink.info/forums/index.php?topic=19.0

Good luck,
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby Kelor on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

The safety being on did come up. I was watching my daughter shooting as I was breaking in some new magazines for another gun. The first thing out of my mouth was "safety". :mrgreen:
Kelor

Return to Handguns