G19 Grip Reduction

Discussion of handguns

Re: G19 Grip Reduction

Postby gun_fan111 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:46 pm

EJSG19 wrote:
gun_fan111 wrote:Question - does it actually reduce the width of the grip by making the grip walls thinner? Or simply removing finger grooves does that?

I would think the length of the grip is irrelevant and simply stippling would maintain the same width.

is mainly reduces the cavity in the backstrap. Walls don't get much thinner. For some the difference is huge.

Ahh, that makes sense. Maybe with one of these custom grips I can warm up to a Glock as well :-)
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby EJSG19 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Makes a glock look uglier if that's possible. But it makes the grip something most people can grip easily as well as straightening the grip angle to that of most other pistols.

I personally don't buy the "oh I can't shoot that gun because of the grip angle" b.s. some people will give you. That demonstrates a lack of will to train with what you have... anyway. A reduction is very nice depending what purpose you are wanting to serve by doing one.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby PRS on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:43 pm

EJSG19 wrote:Makes a glock look uglier if that's possible. But it makes the grip something most people can grip easily as well as straightening the grip angle to that of most other pistols.

I personally don't buy the "oh I can't shoot that gun because of the grip angle" b.s. some people will give you. That demonstrates a lack of will to train with what you have... anyway. A reduction is very nice depending what purpose you are wanting to serve by doing one.

So i'm a die hard glock fan... Striker fire, safe action, shape of the grip and even and grip angle factors that make a gun i can shoot fast and accurate. The biggest hit I hear are about the grip angle. Although i think grip angle is total bs... i agree it is very hard to train with a glock and then switch platforms. after shooting over 10k through mine this summer and drying a lot... trying to switch platforms for the winter has been very hard. my index is effed with all other guns. Glocks are my go to.. but if you shot other platforms i hear ya on hatting the differnt grip angle. I'm all about the "beware the man with one gun" concept and if it isn't one gun it should be one platform/grip angle.
PRS

Postby smokintone on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Did this myself on a Gen3 19. No regrets and feels great!

Some stippling on an M&P I did to.
Last edited by smokintone on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
smokintone

Previous

Return to Handguns