G19 Grip Reduction

Discussion of handguns

G19 Grip Reduction

Postby Ski_Doctor on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:44 am

Any Glock owners out there with grip reductions? Just curious where you sent the gun to get the reduction and how happy you are with the results?

Any local smiths that do a decent job here in MN?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson
Ski_Doctor

Re: G19 Grip Reduction

Postby Erik_Pakieser on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:03 am

One of my guys does this and stippling work. I will PM you his email.
Fight-focused defensive handgun, rifle, and shotgun training
http://www.qsitraining.net
http://www.facebook.com/qsifirearms
Erik_Pakieser

Postby TTS on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:42 pm

I have never felt the need to do one, but I have seen plenty come through classes. If you are looking for a true grip reduction Bowie Tactical has the best I have seen. The finished product looks amazing!
http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/index.html
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby PRS on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:14 pm

I have to ask why....
PRS

Postby Ski_Doctor on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Small hands, short trigger reach. Simple enough answer?
The Gen4 small is just a hair on the long side which for those with 'normal' sized hands can rarely understand. An 1/8th inch less would make a huge difference in proper finger placement on the trigger.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson
Ski_Doctor

Postby PRS on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Would be simple enough if there weren't 18 year old girls shooting stock glock's and tearin it up....
PRS

Postby The Lance on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Instead of modifying a glock to fit you. Why don't you try to find a gun that fits your hands better?
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby The Lance on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Instead of modifying a glock to fit you. Why don't you try to find a gun that fits your hands better?
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby Mn01r6 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Wow, lots of haters for the idea of customizing something to make it your own and have it feel the way you want it to.
Mn01r6

Postby Thunderjohn on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:52 pm

And a fingergroove-less Glock would be great,
That's what I like about Gen2's.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby The Lance on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 pm

As a Glock guy I want as many people as possible to carry a Glock.

But it doesn't make sense to me to modify a perfectly good gun to fit someone better when there already is something out there that works for them right out of the box. It saves time and effort.

I just made a comment and shared an opinion. It's up to who ever owns whatever item to do as they please.
The Lance

Postby linksep on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 am

Mn01r6 wrote:Wow, lots of haters for the idea of customizing something to make it your own and have it feel the way you want it to.

No kidding! Maybe the OP has 15 other Glocks that can share mags or accessories and is looking to customize the wife's gun. Maybe the OP loves every single thing about the Glock but is used to shooting single stack and prefers a smaller grip... The OP said small hands and that is more than enough in my eyes.

I think the OP is totally justified in asking about a $200 or less modification to a $500-$600 gun to make it suit them better; it's not like the OP is asking about $800 stocks and $400 barrels and $300 trigger groups and $200 bolts for a $300 Ruger 10/22. If the OP wants to put $1700 worth of mods onto a $300 gun that's their business... a $200 or less mod to a $500-$600 guns seems downright reasonable in comparison.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby EJSG19 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:09 am

geez, for those of you who the concept of a grip reduction on a Glock is foreign... you need to get out from under your rock.

This has been very popular for avid Glock shooters for many years. It's no secret that many consider the Glock grip to be overly large from the factory. What's wrong with making it more comfortable or more functional to shoot?

Heaven forbid somebody change the grip panels on their 1911, or put one of the Hogue grip condoms on their gun, or pacmayr wrap around grips... etc. Nobody does that...

to say somebody shouldn't customize their gun to their liking is sort of silly, considering almost everyone does it.

but, this is mnguntalk...
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby PRS on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:42 am

Hogue grips are about as functional as reducing your glock grip. I think a better way to improve a glock would be to boil water, stick the frame into the water tell it gets soft, then grab the frame tell it molds to your hand; boom, instant custom gun. Or just take a stock gun and spend $200 on 9mm and learn to shoot the frame you have.
PRS

Postby linksep on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 am

PRS wrote:Hogue grips are about as functional as reducing your glock grip.

Obviously you don't have sweaty hands and you've never shot a Kel Tec PF9 in all it's sharp edge glory.

PRS wrote:Or just take a stock gun and spend $200 on 9mm and learn to shoot the frame you have.

In other threads you're advocating for aftermarket sights and aftermarket triggers and wanting to buy aftermarket 1911 grip panels...just learn to shoot the gun you have. There's NO room for any improvement on any factory produced gun. We all know that all people are built exactly the same...perfect eyesight, same size and strength arthritis free hands.

SKi_Doctor wrote:Small hands, short trigger reach. Simple enough answer?

If the OP is an idiot for wanting a smaller grip to be able to reach the trigger; the next logical argument is dwarfs are idiots for using pedal extensions in their cars. Dwarfs just need to activate their go-go-gadget legs so they can manipulate the pedals, or buy go-karts that fit their small stature in the first place...modifying the ergonomics of a factory produced item to physically fit them is completely wrong.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Next

Return to Handguns