Go-to Twin Cities milsurp dealer?

Discussion of handguns

Go-to Twin Cities milsurp dealer?

Postby DogOne on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:30 am

Is there a go-to local dealer who stocks milsurp pistols? I'm looking to pick up Eastern Bloc milsurp pistols soon like CZ and Maks, but I want to inspect them first if possible.

Thanks
DogOne

Re: Go-to Twin Cities milsurp dealer?

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:12 pm

DogOne wrote:Is there a go-to local dealer who stocks milsurp pistols? I'm looking to pick up Eastern Bloc milsurp pistols soon like CZ and Maks, but I want to inspect them first if possible.

Thanks

Never heard of one that specializes in foreign military pistols anywhere around here ever. If you're lucky, you might find one Mak or Tokarev at Gunstop or Frontiersman, but that's about it. Best bet is the MWCA or Crocodile gun shows. If nothing else, check the CDNN catalog for what they have. The only other source would be pawn shops. People who buy $150 to $250 guns are short on cash, so they buy Kommie Krap, and if they're broke, they sell it again to get by.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby GoBerserk on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 am

I know of none. I recommend getting a C&R license and buying direct from a reputable online dealer. I like ClassicFirearms.com, but have had good transactions with Century and others as well. Allen's Armory is another site that photographs and describes each item quite well. Locally you may find a Tokarev or CZ-70 in a pawn shop, but no inventory, because there's no money to be made on these. Cabelas in Rogers has a CZ-70 (non C&R) for $400 (!).
GoBerserk

Postby yuppiejr on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:44 am

It seems like Bill's gets examples of whatever imported milsurp pistols happen to be in the channel when they are out there to be had, Nagant Revolvers / Tokerov & Makarov pistols, etc...
yuppiejr

Postby MrDig on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Used to be that the Sportsmans Guide was the place to go. Now I don't know. The Pawn Shop in Richfield? I think its Metro Pawn and Gun Might have some.
That is one place I would start, is touring local Pawn Stores and seeing if the have any. Otherwise Gun Shows.
Any Idiot can serve in Congress, Vote for me and I'll prove it..........
MrDig

Postby gdubya on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Nobodys favorite, but EP Gander had a couple Makarovs, a cz70 and clone for right around $300 IIRC.
gdubya

Return to Handguns