MUUHAHAHA!!! I have turned to the Dark Side!!

Discussion of handguns

MUUHAHAHA!!! I have turned to the Dark Side!!

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Picture of 10mm EAA Witness in Wonderfinish, with 22 lb hammer and recoil springs, plus Magnaporting

Picture of plain old EAA 38 Super barrel, after it got reamed out to 9x25 Dillon!

Comparison of 10mm and 9x25 rounds:

Obviously, they both fit in 10mm mags...

Purpose of round: SHOCK AND AWE!!!

With a 90 grain JHP bullet, the velocity is over 2,000 FPS!!
100 grainers, maybe 1800 - 115 grainers, 1600...

Gonna make all you guys with Coonans look like you're shooting .380's..

MUHAHAHAHAHA........

Plus I got something else up my sleeve nobody's ever thought of with this setup!! If it works, it will be called the 9x25 SSX (Seismic Sam eXpress....)
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Re: MUUHAHAHA!!! I have turned to the Dark Side!!

Postby cobb on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:19 pm

So cool. :gun:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby westhope on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Now I know the true cause of "Global Warming".
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Dakotared on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:51 pm

:o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o
Aren't you happy I told you about the 38 supper barrel to be able to shoot some pure awesomeness!!

So now you are going to let me shoot it right!!! :gun:
Dakotared

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Dakotared wrote::o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o
Aren't you happy I told you about the 38 supper barrel to be able to shoot some pure awesomeness!!

???? I knew about the 9x25 when the Lyman Pistol 2nd edition came out in 1994 about 3 years after the internet was born, so when and on what forum did you make me aware of the fact that 38 Super barrels were preferred over 9mm barrels?? Sheesh!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby MWAG on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:50 pm

We're you at Bill's in Robbinsdale Saturday?

Someone was there with what appears to be a similar gun. I was a couple bays over and I felt it in my chest
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Postby Dakotared on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:
Dakotared wrote: :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o

???? I knew about the 9x25 when the Lyman Pistol 2nd edition came out in 1994 about 3 years after the internet was born, so when and on what forum did you make me aware of the fact that 38 Super barrels were preferred over 9mm barrels?? Sheesh!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think you may have taken my post wrong. But I did suggest it to you here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47285&p=493314#p493314 .
Dakotared

Postby sawgrass on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Where are you shooting with carpeted benches, concrete behind the firing line and chairs?

And yes I want to shoot it one of these days!
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby crbutler on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:56 am

Good that someone else has one... now maybe I will find my brass... :twisted:

Of course, since there is no SAAMI spec, you can play with it to your heart's content, without worrying about it blowing up... :mrgreen:

Seriously, with enough comp, it seems mine has negative buoyancy with firing. Did yours have any muzzle flip with the light bullet loads?
crbutler

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:35 am

Dakotared wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:
Dakotared wrote:

I think you may have taken my post wrong. But I did suggest it to you here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47285&p=493314#p493314 .

Yes, I apologize 1000%, and I did take your post wrong, because I'm old and senile and forgot about the part where you told me you knew a guy who did the chamber reaming!! Bad troll!!! Stupid, stupid troll!! No n00b sammich for the troll today!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Obviously after forgetting the gunsmith tip, I thought you were referring to cluing me in to the 9x25's existence. So yeah, I DO owe you a chance to shoot it, and that's no B.S.

I do have a considerable amount of work between now and then, and I'm not going to freeze my ass off and lose half my cases in the process. So far I got the initial headspace setting of the die matched to the chamber, and made up 10 rounds of ammo with 115 grain bullets to test fire them. Then I have to see if I have to reset the headspace on the size die, and make sure the base or rim hasn't bulged, and I'll need to get a print of the reamer just for backup info.

Beyond that, I have an internet posting that Blue Dot makes the best fireballs, but I'm going to wait until I can buy some 90 grain JHP bullets from somewhere, and who knows when that will be?? In addition, I'm going to have to get the 9x25 barrel Magnaported to match the 10mm slide.

And finally, I gotta get Wilson to make me up some custom stuff for Phase II of this project, where I go completely off the map and make up something that's never been done before...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby ex-LT on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:39 am

sawgrass wrote:Where are you shooting with carpeted benches, concrete behind the firing line and chairs?

And yes I want to shoot it one of these days!

I don't think that's a recent picture...

1) There's green grass in the background. The only thing I see on the ground around here right now is that fluffy white stuff.
2) Those don't appear to be Sam's meathooks holding the gun.

I'm sure Sam will correct me if I'm wrong.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 am

You are NOT wrong, Sir!! In addition to this shooter not having huge, gnarly, hairy hands that fit a DE50 perfectly, he has a full head of hair, and he isn't half bad looking, so that sure as hell isn't me!!

Oh, as an additional plus to this little effort, the 10mm brass I will be using will be none other than the original Norma brass from when the 10mm cartridge was invented. It's a long story about where that came from...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby crbutler on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:20 pm

well, heck, its bloody January... What else do we have BUT time now???

I looked all over for some old Norma ammo to have a sample to chrono, but could never find it- I did find a box at J&S, but it turned out to have someone's lead bullet reloads in it. Foolishly, I did shoot them, but they were nothing good. (MV 875 FPS...)

Really, for 9x25, you are just as well off to use winchester or starline brass for it. I have never had a new case split a neck but once fired do occasionally. I assume you got dillon carbide dies for it.
crbutler

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:50 am

Never had any Norma ammo to shoot, but the Old Pony Express Handloaders did have a 30 GALLON DRUM of once fired 10mm brass, and a lot of it was Norma. Years later, when Pony Express had sold to the guy who bought them out, there was still about 5 gallons of brass left and I culled out about 700 Norma cases.

I got 10 cases loaded up, and am waiting for a January thaw to just shoot them into a brass catcher and see if I got the headspace set right on the die. I'll swing into real development after that, and in the meantime I am acquiring goodies for Phase II feasibility to see if my crazy idea works at all.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Evad on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:50 am

Am I the only one who expected a glock?
Evad

Next

Return to Handguns