Anyone own one? Boberg's

Discussion of handguns

Anyone own one? Boberg's

Postby John S. on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:34 pm

http://www.bobergarms.com/

Aint cheap that's fo sho ;)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Re: Anyone own one? Boberg's

Postby 2in2out on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Looks like I missed Crucible Arms' review of it, but they had a link on Boberg's page. Interesting little firearm.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby John S. on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:59 am

2in2out wrote:Looks like I missed Crucible Arms' review of it, but they had a link on Boberg's page. Interesting little firearm.

A buddy saw it at a show in Minneapolis, said its actually smaller than his LCR. He wants one but, he said when he saw the $1000+ tag thought twice. I myself rather have my Coonan for THAT price!
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby Uffdaphil on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:42 am

Selling the sizzle site turns me off. Reminds me of the veg-o-matic booth at the state fair.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby old guy on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 am

I have one, it is of the highest quality construction, mine is the short first edition, it is the size of a kel-tec p3at .380 but is a 9m/m with a 3.3" brl., it has the best d a trigger I have ever used, also about 1/2 the felt recoil of a Kel-Tec pf9.
Mine lives in my coat pocket most of the time.
They also make a longer one now and also a .45acp, if you stop at the shop in White Bear Arne will gladly give you a tour.

John
old guy

Postby jgalt on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:39 am

Thanks for that, old guy.

This one has been on my short list to buy for a while now, I just haven't had the funds to get it ... or anything else on my short list... :(

But it is good to hear someone's person experience with it. 8-)
jgalt

Postby David on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Does anyone stock these? I see on their site that just about every store in the metro is a dealer, but are they in stores, or is it an order-only thing?
David

Postby Jack's My dog on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm

I think I saw some at Bill's in Circle Pines yesterday.
Jack's My dog

Postby gun_fan111 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:59 pm

I want to say I saw one at Gunstop a couple of weeks back. You will definitely want to call them unless you were planning to stop by anyway.
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby AFTERMATH on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:11 pm

I've seen 'em around and read up on them a bit. Just about everything on the website. It's certainly a novel concept.
From what I've read though, they are picky eaters. Boberg's response seems to be that they're a work in progress. If you find a kink, send it in and they'll fix it and upgrade it to the latest revisions......

Sounds like beta testing to me, which is fine. But dropping a grand to participate in a product development study, no matter how cool, isn't compatible with my wallet at the moment.

I'll have to wait until the stars align.
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby old guy on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:12 pm

I don't know how he is doing it now, I was on the list a couple of years ago for the second bunch that went out, I got on the list in Nov. and got notified in May or June, I picked up thru Al's gunshop in W.B.

John
old guy

Postby David on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks, guys!
David

Postby Erik_Pakieser on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:54 pm

Has a nasty habit of pulling the bullet out of the chambered round. Not recommended.

(Yeah, I know that Boberg says this only happens with certain ammo. I don't care - any gun which is dependent on specific brands of ammo to function is too finicky for me)
Fight-focused defensive handgun, rifle, and shotgun training
http://www.qsitraining.net
http://www.facebook.com/qsifirearms
Erik_Pakieser

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Bill's has them at all locations, including some fancy ones and the new 45ACP model. Also rental guns to try out
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:48 am

I tried one last year. Novel but wasn't sold on it. I felt like I was getting a lot more muzzle rise out of it than a traditional gun like say an XDS.
grimbeaver

Next

Return to Handguns