Sheesh!! It's RAINING hicap 45's...

Discussion of handguns

Re: Sheesh!! It's RAINING hicap 45's...

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:37 pm

FJ540 wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:And it cost slightly more than a Hi-Point, which makes it the steal of the Decade!!

You're overpaying for HiPoint's if that's an accurate statement. Try slightly less than double a HiPoint. :roll:

Not if you buy them at Gander :twisted:
Holland&Holland

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:00 am

Hey!!! I don't think they have any Gander Molehills in Louisiana!!! People down here get pretty riled up when you try to insult their intelligence by saying something is on sale when it's FULL MSRP....

It's gonna be 75 today.... :P :P :P
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:10 am

I suppose that is Bass Pro Shops country. Any other National Sporting Goods Retailers down that way?

We'll check in with you next summer when its 98squared (98 degrees and 98% humidity) and your wringing wet from sweat just going down the driveway to get your mail. :o :shock:

yes, there is some element of jealousy, but at 50YO I can't say I'm totally fed up with snow and cold.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 pm

^^^ Forgot about the insects and rodents of unusual size. There's no -20F days to set back their populations.

Does it suck to occasionally spit outside and have it bounce across the ice when the two solids collide? Sure, but it's not without some benefits of no bugs for 6 months out of the year. ;)

*Post was written with no feeling in my toes due to running errands prior to posting.
FJ540

Postby Rodentman on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:21 pm

My FNH FX45 tactical is not ugly.
Rodentman

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:35 am

So how's the weather in Egypt, where you are clearly floating down De Nile??

Your FN 45 is so fugly that it goes well with BigDog stuffed into one of Maraih Carey's gold beaded dresses, and the FN stuffed in between the two cantelopes BigDog has in the front of the dress!!

Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby BigDog58 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 am

Seismic Sam wrote:So how's the weather in Egypt, where you are clearly floating down De Nile??

Your FN 45 is so fugly that it goes well with BigDog stuffed into one of Maraih Carey's gold beaded dresses, and the FN stuffed in between the two cantelopes BigDog has in the front of the dress!!

Happy Dog.jpg
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby FJ540 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 pm

The FNX is no uglier than your SAR thing. It's also far more functional being threaded and red-dotted. With SS math, it's only slightly more expensive too. :P :rotf:
FJ540

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Well, everybody BUT FJ540 can practice up on their Bubbaspeak and catfish noodlin', because Bass ProShops bough
t out Cabela's a few months ago... FJ540 has enough machine oil, shavings, and snoose juice on him already to qualify as a GOB ... :P :P :P
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby FJ540 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:03 pm

I've smoked a pipe (no, not crack :? :lol: ) and cigars, but since my grandpa (WW2 rockstar vet that he was) lost ALL his teef to chewing plugs before I turned 10 - that's one thing I've never so much as tried. Then when I got to BCT and there were guys who'd been chewing that fiberglass enhanced chit who had their gums carved out down to the bone to remove it, and they were only 18-20; that was affirmation that I'd made the right choice. :shock:

I've been tobacco free for a couple years now. I do still like cigars and pipe tobacco, but I've decided I have enough else wrong with me that risking mouth or lung cancer on a hobby just isn't wise.
FJ540

Postby goalie on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:21 am

I just wanted to say that I hate you guys. Well, I don't, but my wife will.

After the Canik TP9SFx experience, I was looking at other stuff from there and saw this thread. Now I have one and an extra mag on the way. Because I NEEDED another handgun......
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:26 am

goalie wrote:I just wanted to say that I hate you guys. Well, I don't, but my wife will.

After the Canik TP9SFx experience, I was looking at other stuff from there and saw this thread. Now I have one and an extra mag on the way. Because I NEEDED another handgun......

You should have ordered TWO extra mags instead of one. That way you could walk around with nearly a FULL BOX of 45 ammo on you!!! And you hardly spent any money either!! The SAR cost 1/3rd of a Kimber, holds twice as much ammo, and it works right out of the box!!

Oh, and to :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sar-k2-45acp.html

Check out the comparison between the SAR and Sig P227.....
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby goalie on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:14 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:
You should have ordered TWO extra mags instead of one. That way you could walk around with nearly a FULL BOX of 45 ammo on you!!! And you hardly spent any money either!! The SAR cost 1/3rd of a Kimber, holds twice as much ammo, and it works right out of the box!!

I will run it a little with two mags, then, if I like it, I will buy a BUNCH more. And a backup pistol......

I saw that comparison. It is what pushed me over the edge.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Pat on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Your assumptions are correct. The side controls are identical to Tanfoglios. As far as EDC, it depends on the person - if you are the 800 pound reloading troll you look like a big lumpy mattress with a bad attitude so it's no big deal, and as my pictures show, the SAR is actually SMALLER in grip and slide size than the Para P14.45. This has to do with the transposition of the rails and groves on the slide and frame, just as John Browning did it when he first created the 1911 and later the Browning Hi-Power in 1935.

If God and John Browning did it previously, the design has to be good.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:17 am

goalie wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:

I will run it a little with two mags, then, if I like it, I will buy a BUNCH more. And a backup pistol......

I saw that comparison. It is what pushed me over the edge.

And in that comparison, having to get your finger that close to the frame of the Sig to make the trigger drop in SA would be a deal breaker for me. With my large troll trigger finger, if there's a danger of the tip of your finger hitting the frame before the trigger breaks, then that gun is NOT for serious "social interactions".
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns