Sheesh!! It's RAINING hicap 45's...

Discussion of handguns

Re: Sheesh!! It's RAINING hicap 45's...

Postby goalie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:32 pm

I picked it up today and hit the range.

If a hi-cap 45 interests you and you didn't buy one yet, well, let's just say that for under 400 bucks, it's a helluva lotta handgun.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby INOR on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Went out to BPR tonight and was shooting a M&P40, a 642, and the SAR K2. This damn SAR is the most fun gun I have as far as range shooting is concerned! Such a cool handgun. Would like it a touch more if it had a decocker but can't complain at all really. Just an outstanding handgun for the price. Best value of any gun I have bought. Just a hoot to run some rounds though this gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: Sheesh!! It's RAINING hicap 45's...

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 am

If anyone finds a rear sight replacement for the K2, please let me know. I don't know if anyone else has had problems with theirs, but mine has been FUBAR since birth and I'd like to use it more.

I agree, a de-cocker would be great. For the money, its hard to complain too much.

SS has been shooting Gators with it for months now, he probably needs a new one by now with the hurricanes throwing reptiles around - Gator-nado - watch out.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby INOR on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:20 am

I was just adjusting the sites on mine last night. Both screws on mine seem to be moving free and easy. I still don't have it dialed in quite yet as I had already shot a bunch and was fatigued so my shot placement wasn't that consistent.

I did notice when adjusting, it helped to not just turn the screws. Both L-R and U-D are spring loaded so I would push on the site a touch just to take the spring tension off while I made the adjustments. Then seemed to work fine.

Thing is a beast though. It's just fun having 14 rds of .45!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Previous

Return to Handguns