Sheesh!! It's RAINING hicap 45's...

Discussion of handguns

Re: Sheesh!! It's RAINING hicap 45's...

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:53 am

INOR wrote:Can't wait. Should be fun. Have a stoeger cougar 9mm in the safe so already have one Turkish made DA/SA. I like everything but the sights on that one which I will change eventually.

You may change your mind about the sights. They're fine, believe me. As far as it being a "Turkish" gun, see my thread on the BUL Cherokee. The trigger on the SAR K2 is a straight Tanfoglio trigger group, and from what I heard Tanfoglio helped SAR set up their factory, which pretty much made me jump on the CDNN deal. See my previous posts to find out how to Blue Loctite the sight in place. And I am NOT talking about the windage and height adjustment!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby INOR on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:32 pm

I was referring to the sights on my stoeger, not the SAR.

Just got notice that the SAR has shipped already so should have this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby INOR on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:26 am

Picked up the K2 yesterday! Ha...this thing is a heavy beast! I laughed when I loaded it up with a mag of 14. Initial impressions are as probably same as everybody else...it's very well made, sturdy, good finish, grips are a little cheapish, but functional. Really nice polished barrel. Takedown was a little clunky the first time but I'll get used to it. DA trigger is long and pretty heavy but will perhaps lighten up after break-in. SA trigger is sweet! Light and crisp. Ok so that was all just initial impressions. Hope to shoot it later today.

INOR

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:06 am

50 rounds of ammo (only 3 1/2 mag's worth... :( :o :shock: :? ) shot one handed standing at 30 feet before I sighted the gun in.

Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:09 am

Seismic Sam wrote:50 rounds of ammo (only 3 1/2 mag's worth... :( :o :shock: :? ) shot one handed standing at 30 feet before I sighted the gun in.

It needs to come up and to the right Sam. Just saying. :twisted:
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:45 am

That target is exactly the same as the first target I shot. I suppose the machine that mounts the rear sights is consistent.

Plotting my next range trip. Will try a dot of clp on the elevation screw to see if that will loosen it up enough to move it.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby INOR on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Got it to the range today. Went to BPR with a couple other guys. Between the three of us, we put over 150 rds through the K2 in between shooting a bunch of other pistols. Really sweet shooter. It's hitting high and to the left. Didn't bother trying to adjust sights today. Was just familiarizing with the weapon today. Super fun to shoot! Recoil was no problem at all. Very comfortable grip. Definitely one of the most fun guns I've shot. That SA trigger is awesome.

INOR

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:33 pm

And it cost slightly more than a Hi-Point, which makes it the steal of the Decade!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Rodentman on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:06 am

Here's a hi-cap 45, but not at the same price point.

But you get 3 mags and it's TACTICOOL!!
Rodentman

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:43 am

OOOOOOGGGG!!!! That's uglier than you and your brother put together!!! Who's got a link to a green chunks barf smiley???

Oh!! Here it is!! Image

Last edited by Seismic Sam on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Back In Black on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 am

INOR wrote:
INOR wrote:How much are extra mags running and are they readily available? Man, at $350, I'm getting really tempted.

Did my own homework. The mags are $25 each and seem to be available. But price when I looked was back to $369 this morning. Still seems like a great piece.

They changed the price while I was trying to order mine. Went to the page and it showed $350. Added it to the cart and the price was $369. Went back to the first page and price showed $369. LOL Called them to find out what happened and he said they just updated the price. But he gave it to me for $350. I'm a cheap bastard. :mrgreen:
Keith
Back In Black

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:32 am

Back In Black wrote:They changed the price while I was trying to order mine. Went to the page and it showed $350. Added it to the cart and the price was $369. Went back to the first page and price showed $369. LOL Called them to find out what happened and he said they just updated the price. But he gave it to me for $350. I'm a cheap bastard. :mrgreen:

Sounds like excellent customer service :rock:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Uffdaphil on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:56 am

Okay, you guys finally wore me down. Just ordered the SAR w/3 extra mags. Figured I can sell the spare P226 to heal the Visa.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby ZardozCZ on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Uffdaphil, you won't be happy. You'll be dam happy!
ZardozCZ

Postby FJ540 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:And it cost slightly more than a Hi-Point, which makes it the steal of the Decade!!

You're overpaying for HiPoint's if that's an accurate statement. Try slightly less than double a HiPoint. :roll:
FJ540

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns