Nighthawk/Korth revolvers

Discussion of handguns

Postby Squib Joe on Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 am

I'd be interested in hearing what you folks think about these. Would you be interested in any of these models at these prices?

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/korth
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby LumberZach on Mon May 16, 2016 11:25 am

I'm glad to see these coming to market, more options are always better. That being said I haven't justified a 1911 (or anything really) at that price point, and I somewhat doubt I will justify a revolver at that price either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon May 16, 2016 11:32 am

With any luck, these will help bring Python prices back down to affordable
gun_fan111v2

Re: Nighthawk/Korth revolvers

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon May 16, 2016 2:01 pm

OUCH!!! Really expensive, and what can they do that a similar size revolver at 1/2 to 1/3rd the price can't?? Yes, they are pretty, but they are museum pieces because of the exquisite workmanship, so they are safe queens. I say this as the owner of a Guncrafter Industries Model #1 in 50 GI which is also expensive, can do something that no other gun can do, and it's built to take hard holster wear and still shoot like the match quality cannon it is.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby TooFewGuns on Mon May 16, 2016 2:12 pm

I guess, if you are a revolver guy, this may be what a custom 1911 from Wilson, Nighthawk, GI, or one of the other custom makers. A wheel gun is more of a novelty to me. Something that is cool to shoot and that I appreciate the craftsmanship in, but is never going to occupy much space in my safe. A Python has some history to it, a Chiappa Rhino is unique, and I have considered both. I have no issue with spending money on guns, even a revolver or two, but it has to do something or create a visual appeal that just isn't there for me on this one.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. Milton Friedman
The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets. Lysander Spooner
TooFewGuns

Postby TooFewGuns on Mon May 16, 2016 2:14 pm

As far as a factory custom type gun goes, I think the Wilson/ Beretta 92 is much cooler for 1/3 the price.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. Milton Friedman
The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets. Lysander Spooner
TooFewGuns

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon May 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Short answer no.

I have a long list of guns I want to own someday. Some are custom 1911's with Nighthawk on them. Some are custom revolvers. So far, from what I am seeing. These nighthawk revolvers are not on the list.
Holland&Holland

Postby Squib Joe on Mon May 16, 2016 3:07 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:With any luck, these will help bring Python prices back down to affordable

Funny, I just realized that the "Mongoose" model name might be a nod to the Colt snake revolvers
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon May 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Squib Joe wrote:
gun_fan111v2 wrote:With any luck, these will help bring Python prices back down to affordable

Funny, I just realized that the "Mongoose" model name might be a nod to the Colt snake revolvers

Aren't Mongooses known for eating snakes? I thought it was more a statement that they are better than a Colt.
Holland&Holland

Postby crbutler on Mon May 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Until I actually handle one, I can't say for sure.

My gut feeling is no. If it was straight Korth, maybe; but rebranded Korth is not that interesting.
crbutler

Postby Squib Joe on Wed May 18, 2016 8:14 am

Thank you all for the input, very helpful
Squib Joe

Postby Pat on Sun May 22, 2016 10:15 pm

What would it cost to take a Smith & Wesson to the specialized gunsmith in order to bring it up to competition standards?

There are folks in this community who would pay the price nighthawk is asking.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby Amazi on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 pm

3400+ for a revolver that is not a older colt.... I realize the custom gun work is not cheap but that seems a little crack head pricing.
Amazi

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:13 pm

For a new Korth, anything under 4K is considered an entry level firearm. Here is a price list from ten years ago: http://www.korthusa.com/docs/us_prices.pdf
Squib Joe

Return to Handguns