DoubleTap defense 9mm

Discussion of handguns

Re: DoubleTap defense 9mm

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:43 am

You're not listening!!! It's a total P.O.S. now, and it will STILL be a total POS however many years from now that you take it back out of the safe!! More importantly, it will STILL present a danger to you if you ever try and use it to save your own life!!! Take it back to a pawn shop and get some money you can use after the Hildabeest is elected to try and buy some ammo or reloading components.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Sorcerer on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:36 am

If it is that unsafe how can you justify trading it back to the pawn shop to be resold to some one else? Call the manufactor to see if it is repairable. If they can't or won't I would report it to the Product Safety Dept. At the end of the day, if it is not repairable it must be distroried. I would rather lose the money than chance some one being injured.
Sorcerer

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:09 am

Well, Mr. "I'm even more righteous than the reloading troll himself", why don't YOU buy it?? All your suggestions are feeble fantasies which will never happen, so step up to the plate or STFU....
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:57 am

I've found that some guns (even with bad designs) can increase in value quite a bit once the company goes out of business. The COP 357, Braverman Stinger pistol, High Standard derringers, the Bren Ten.. all are worth much, much more than what they sold for when they first came out. Holding on to a DoubleTap in the safe might not be a bad idea from an investment standpoint, as long as you're upfront about your experience with the gun when you sell it. A lot of people that buy those guns don't shoot them so it wouldn't matter either way.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Sorcerer on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:34 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Well, Mr. "I'm even more righteous than the reloading troll himself", why don't YOU buy it?? All your suggestions are feeble fantasies which will never happen, so step up to the plate or STFU....

I've made bad buys my self. You buy it from him.
Sorcerer

Postby Rodentman on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:11 pm

You mean my reverse osmosis Boberg is gonna be worth something someday because I bought it before they sold out to Bond Arms? Oh, Heaven forfend. (Whatever that means.) How about the Thor?
Rodentman

Postby hard h2o on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Squib Joe wrote: Holding on to a DoubleTap in the safe might not be a bad idea from an investment standpoint, as long as you're upfront about your experience with the gun when you sell it.

I'll buy one and keep it right next to my beanie babies.

Just because something might increase in value does not make it an investment. I would rather take the money and put it in some sort of guaranteed investment vehicle.
hard h2o

DoubleTap defense 9mm

Postby Ron Burgundy on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:10 pm

hard h2o wrote:
Squib Joe wrote: Holding on to a DoubleTap in the safe might not be a bad idea from an investment standpoint, as long as you're upfront about your experience with the gun when you sell it.

Just because something might increase in value does not make it an investment. I would rather take the money and put it in some sort of guaranteed investment vehicle.

Like what?
Ron Burgundy

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
hard h2o wrote:

Like what?

The ponies man, play your hunch, it is always a sure thing. :twisted:
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Like what?

Are you Catholic? Are you a Knight of Columbus? If the answer to either is yes I will make an appointment with you and tell you.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:51 am

hard h2o wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:
Like what?

Are you Catholic? Are you a Knight of Columbus? If the answer to either is yes I will make an appointment with you and tell you.

Wouldn't the answer to the 1st question need to be yes for the 2ND to be? So you could have just asked the first.
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:06 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
hard h2o wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:
Like what?

Wouldn't the answer to the 1st question need to be yes for the 2ND to be? So you could have just asked the first.

If you are Catholic I need to sign you up as a Knight. Being a Knight already makes it a bit easier.

You have to be 18, a practical catholic, and male.

Highest rated insurer in North America, most ethical life insurance company 2014, 2015, 2016.

We do not sell products we can not guarantee. I would not sell you a limited edition plate from the Franklin Mint and tell you to sell it to fund your retirement. I would not tell you to put a POS firearm in your safe and maybe sell it at a small profit 20 years from now and call it an investment.
hard h2o

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:48 am

Yeah... I don't think anyone suggested the OP retire by keeping the pistol. But I liked your sales pitch! :lol:
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby hard h2o on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:16 am

Squib Joe wrote:Yeah... I don't think anyone suggested the OP retire by keeping the pistol. But I liked your sales pitch! :lol:

Always working.

My ex sister-in-law had a trunk full of beanie babies. Somehow she was convinced she was set for life. Funny how little she sold them for at her garage sale.

My mom had a basement full of "antique" furniture she was going to restore and make a mint from. In the end it cost us to rent a dumpster to clean the house out and try to sell before the bank foreclosed.

Sitting with a client who was thought he was all set for retirement. Young guy driving school bus. Barley paying the bills but thought his $34,000 in a 401k from a previous employer would allow him to retire comfortably because it will be worth a bundle by the time he is 65 or so. Not watching the statements. Found out it was losing money. Down -8.54%. Rolled it over into a guaranteed product and advised him to get a better paying job and to start doing some real investing.

I do not own any safe queen firearms. I would never buy a firearm knowing I was maybe going to shoot it once or twice and then let it gather dust. All the firearms I have are users and serve a purpose or served a purpose.
hard h2o

Postby linksep on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:17 pm

hard h2o wrote: I would not sell you a limited edition plate from the Franklin Mint and tell you to sell it to fund your retirement.

Well there goes my plan...but the man on TV said they were an investment and they would go up in value... They're limited edition, they HAVE to go up in value.

I'm screwed.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns