Ruger LC9S "Pro"

Discussion of handguns

Ruger LC9S "Pro"

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Another local dealer has these on sale for $319.99. Always wanted to try one so for the money I figured why not. It can't be any worse than that SCCY I got (which will more than likely be sent back for service).

The trigger is pretty impressive. Much better than a DAO trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Ruger LC9S

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:51 pm

My EDC is a LC9s. Did not go pro, like the safety as it is pocket carry in dress slacks. Concealed is important for my work.
Holland&Holland

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:My EDC is a LC9s. Did not go pro, like the safety as it is pocket carry in dress slacks. Concealed is important for my work.

How does the gun shoot? Any issues.

"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:24 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:My EDC is a LC9s. Did not go pro, like the safety as it is pocket carry in dress slacks. Concealed is important for my work.

How does the gun shoot? Any issues.

No issues. I have a lc9 as well that predated the s. Upgraded for the better trigger. Never sold the lc9. The better trigger is definitely worth it. I feel I shoot it as well as my glock 19. Have not had any failures of any kind with it. Carry with critical defense and never had a feed issue with it. Concealability is second to none.
Holland&Holland

Postby tabberski on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:03 am

I've got the LC9s also, great little pocket gun. Light, thin, and great trigger. Drops into pocket nicely.
tabberski

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:59 am

Wife purchased one in 9mm when she switched from 40 S&W. Nice carry pistol.
Bearcatrp

Postby INOR on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:18 am

Interesting. I've never really looked at one and never thought of it as a pocket gun, but now may have to check one out. I'd probably opt for the standard instead of pro, as I normally prefer having a safety unless it's a heavy dao pull.

I carry a LCP as my EDC which I love for pocket carry. The LCP is just too easy to grab and go. But I should compare the size of the LCP to the LC9S.
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:56 am

INOR wrote:Interesting. I've never really looked at one and never thought of it as a pocket gun, but now may have to check one out. I'd probably opt for the standard instead of pro, as I normally prefer having a safety unless it's a heavy dao pull.

I carry a LCP as my EDC which I love for pocket carry. The LCP is just too easy to grab and go. But I should compare the size of the LCP to the LC9S.

It will be noticeably larger in the pocket to you than the LCP. In fact I downsize to the LCP when going into a situation where I am ultra sensitive to carry concealment, though this is rare for me. That said the reasons you site using the LCP are exactly why I carry the LC9. It slips in the pocket so easy, carries so easy, and I really do not need to change my mode of dress. I deal with a lot of clients so really no possibility of anyone knowing. Some would be cool with it I am sure but you just do not know anyone's politics. I have a couple of other smaller than compact guns and to me the LC9 with its rounded edges really hits the sweet spot to be very pocket friendly like the LCP yet big enough to shoot well and be a 9.
Holland&Holland

Ruger LC9S "Pro"

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:11 am

PHATSPEED7x

Postby Randygmn on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Last month when I went to visit ThunderJohn and bought my DDM4V11, I handled the LC9sPro. I love the design and have been looking for a new carry 9. After hearing about all the improvements over the previous generation, I was really disappointed with the trigger. In particular the reset, which is so looooong, proved something I couldn't get past, so I decided no, after months convincing myself it would be next. Everything else with regards to sights and especially reliability has the endorsement of quite a few respected people, but the reset is terrible, IMO.

Anyway- Phatspeed- congrats. No question a quantum leap of quality/dependability over the SCCY.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Randygmn wrote:Last month when I went to visit ThunderJohn and bought my DDM4V11, I handled the LC9sPro. I love the design and have been looking for a new carry 9. After hearing about all the improvements over the previous generation, I was really disappointed with the trigger. In particular the reset, which is so looooong, proved something I couldn't get past, so I decided no, after months convincing myself it would be next. Everything else with regards to sights and especially reliability has the endorsement of quite a few respected people, but the reset is terrible, IMO.

Anyway- Phatspeed- congrats. No question a quantum leap of quality/dependability over the SCCY.

I did not find it longer than my glocks but maybe just used to it from shooting the horrible trigger on the LC9
Holland&Holland

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Randygmn wrote:Last month when I went to visit ThunderJohn and bought my DDM4V11, I handled the LC9sPro. I love the design and have been looking for a new carry 9. After hearing about all the improvements over the previous generation, I was really disappointed with the trigger. In particular the reset, which is so looooong, proved something I couldn't get past, so I decided no, after months convincing myself it would be next. Everything else with regards to sights and especially reliability has the endorsement of quite a few respected people, but the reset is terrible, IMO.

I will agree the travel for the trigger reset is long. On my trigger scale I'm constantly getting 4.5lb break on mine. In dry fire practice I've gotten use to the trigger.

PHATSPEED7x

Ruger LC9S "Pro"

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:29 pm

First 8 shots with the Ruger at 7 yards.

PHATSPEED7x

Postby mr.paul on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:28 pm

Been carrying the LC9s pro for a while now in a Sticky brand holster, both bought from Thunder John and wife. Practically disappears iwb. Very satisfied, and the trigger is fantastic. You made a good choice in my opinion. Accuracy is great.
A friend with steadier hands than me made a half dollar sized hole from 20 feet the first he tried it.
mr.paul

Ruger LC9S "Pro"

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Now that's the group I was looking for! This ruger shoots awesome!

PHATSPEED7x

Next

Return to Handguns