Site adjustmentioned screw help.

Discussion of handguns

Re: Site adjustmentioned screw help.

Postby rtk on Wed May 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Grumpy old troll.....are you coming back up here for the summer?
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu May 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Nope. I'm not even coming back for my own funeral. My ashes are getting cast into the same waterfall in Oregon that my birth mother's ashes were committed to in 1991 by my younger half-brother.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby yukonjasper on Thu May 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Nope. I'm not even coming back for my own funeral. My ashes are getting cast into the same waterfall in Oregon that my birth mother's ashes were committed to in 1991 by my younger half-brother.

Is that Legal? Seems there could be some aquatic creatures choking on all those ashes - a snail darter of some sort could be in jeopardy............... :o

BTW - I haven't found any good replacement rear sights for the K2 without some "smithy" work with shims and whatnot. I'm going to pull the Windage component tonight and take a look at what is going on, but I'm not sure if I'll end up with a carry pistol out of all this afterall if the sights are not correct.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu May 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Well, if you can't get the sights lined up, then of course you're not going to carry it! However, after taking the sight off my own gun and seeing how it worked, I blue loctited it back down, adjusted the sights, and shot a full box of full power ammo (yawn.....) and wound up with the 10 and 9 rings completely gone from the target. Seeing as I had nothing left to shoot at, I quit.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:04 pm

EAA update - spoke to a woman when I called who took down my information, my issue and said she would call me back (10:30 am). She called me back with not great news but did call me back and was pleasant to deal with (12:15pm).

I described what was going on with the rear sight and the only solution they had was to purchase another site - $55 + $10 shipping.

Not sure if I'll go that route or not. The replacement suggestions involve modifying sights designed for other manufacturers as there isn't an aftermarket supplier that has a sight for the K2. I don't have the tools to be modifying the dovetail on the slide or the new sight, so I'll have to decide whether I take a chance on a replacement sight from SAR or find a "local smithy" (couldn't resist) to modify another brand sight to fit. I'm wondering how much money to sink into a low cost gun.

I was tempted to purchase another of these, but with the sight problem, I'm not sure that is a good idea.

Edited to add: My first call was to CDNN who told me they couldn't help me and that I needed to call EAA.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Previous

Return to Handguns