FTF glock 19 gen 3???

Discussion of handguns

FTF glock 19 gen 3???

Postby NinjaMonkey on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:46 am

Glock 19 gen 3
Had this gun brand new last year and it keep failure to feed properly I thought I need to break it in.
I use the same ammo as my xd9 4inch and my xd9 spit out the ammo fine..winchester white box...
I look at youtube but it not a clear cut answer.. I would like some help if anybody got this problem..
NinjaMonkey

Re: FTF glock 19 gen 3???

Postby ttousi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:04 am

could be as simple as your grip on the gun. Has anyone else shot it? Have someone else run some rounds through it.

How many rounds through it?

Try locking the slide open for a week.......that worked on a glock 42 for us
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:04 am

Get some else to shoot it, preferably someone that shoot Glocks. Sounds like you might be limp wristing it, not intentionally but more likely due to grip.

Second option would be get some different factory ammo. Winchester White Box is a good starting point, it seems to run in just about anything, if that does not work move up to some personal defense ammo that has a bit more punch, Hornady or Federal are good options.
mmcnx2

Postby Amazi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:26 am

It has a life time warranty on it just got to pay for shipping.
Amazi

FTF glock 19 gen 3???

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:41 am

Does it fail to feed or fail to fire? In either case, trade it for another XD or a nice 1911 :)
gun_fan111v2

Postby NinjaMonkey on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:21 am

Three other guys shoot the glock and it has FTF and FTE... then the same guys shoot my xd9 and it works.
I shot guns for a long time. Never had this problem on top of that I own other glocks model. Currently own g26 gen 3 g43. Use to own g17 gen4-g21gen3-g22 gen3

Am not trying to sound like a ass but am not limp writing it.
NinjaMonkey

Postby NinjaMonkey on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:23 am

I put 700 round it jam every other mag it seem like.
NinjaMonkey

Postby NinjaMonkey on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:25 am

[quote="NinjaMonkey"]I put 700 round it jam every other mag it seem like
failure to feed and failure to eject.
I thought it would be broken in.
NinjaMonkey

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:06 pm

If you don't like the advise that guys with 10's of thousands of rounds through Glocks are providing then take it back to the dealer you bought it from or send it in.

You should not have to 'break in' a Glock. I've never had one that did not run 100% out of the box.

Have you taken it a part - how far? Have you cleaned it? Did you swap any parts? Polish or smooth anything? What ammo are you running?

All and any of these things will impact performance - some better some worse.
mmcnx2

Postby UnaStamus on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Change ammo. WWB is pretty low quality ammo. Glocks will generally digest anything, but white box is really not very good ammo, especially if you get the Israeli made stuff. When we (Glock armorers) diagnose problems, we go by SAMM.
Shooter
Ammo
Magazine
Mechanical

If 3 people shoot it and it malfunctions, It's not the shooter.
If you change the ammo and it malfunctions, not the ammo. Do this next.
Get a different magazine and try it. If it jacks up, it's not the mags.
Mechanical is the last resort, and more often than not, it's related to a bad recoil spring. There are, on rare occasions, mechanical issues related to the barrel. It's statistically possible that you have an out-of-spec barrel, so if you know anyone with a G19 or G17, borrow their barrel and swap it out with yours, shoot it, and see if the problem replicates. If it replicates, I would bet it's a recoil spring issue. If you have a buddy with a G19, swap the recoil springs to see if that fixes it.

Otherwise, contact Glock and have the guns serviced.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby NinjaMonkey on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:44 pm

I'll give it a try
NinjaMonkey

Postby Amazi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:09 pm

If the ammo works in your xd but not the glock to me that rules out ammo. Honestly there is something wrong with the gun. IS there aftermarket parts in it? Is it used? Id call up glock and send it off or bring it back where it was bought from.
Amazi

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:36 pm

UnaStamus wrote:Change ammo. WWB is pretty low quality ammo. Glocks will generally digest anything, but white box is really not very good ammo, especially if you get the Israeli made stuff. When we (Glock armorers) diagnose problems, we go by SAMM.
Shooter
Ammo
Magazine
Mechanical

If 3 people shoot it and it malfunctions, It's not the shooter.
If you change the ammo and it malfunctions, not the ammo. Do this next.
Get a different magazine and try it. If it jacks up, it's not the mags.
Mechanical is the last resort, and more often than not, it's related to a bad recoil spring. There are, on rare occasions, mechanical issues related to the barrel. It's statistically possible that you have an out-of-spec barrel, so if you know anyone with a G19 or G17, borrow their barrel and swap it out with yours, shoot it, and see if the problem replicates. If it replicates, I would bet it's a recoil spring issue. If you have a buddy with a G19, swap the recoil springs to see if that fixes it.

Otherwise, contact Glock and have the guns serviced.

Fair enough but I'd add.

1. I've gone through the Glock Armor program, YouTube is pretty close to the same thing. And comparing it to any significant gunsmith expertise is the equivalent of being able to change your oil in a car versus a rebuild a engine. Glock basically teaches how the mechanics work but very little about fitting or adjustment or even the real geometry of parts. If something is not right - replace it.
2. Clean it, who knows how long or where it has sat. The purest will say run it dry out of the box, but a good cleaning and lubrication has solved well over half the performance issues I've seen on ranges.
3. WWB is not great ammo - but one thing it is not is weak - it can be counted on to be well above minimal charges as a opposed to companies like Fiocchi that makes much better ammo but it is notoriously conservative. That is why I said try WWB, then a good quality defense ammo.
4. 3 shooters means nothing, 3 bad shooters can all have the same poor grip. As I mentioned find someone that shots Glocks and let them give it a run.
5. Mag could be a possibility but I would have hoped he tried the other mag - if not he needs more help than a Glock that has FTF/FTE issues.
6. If all else fails or you don't want to try anything else send it in - odds are they will clean it, run some ammo through it, find nothing wrong and send it back dirty. And all you loose is months waiting for it.
mmcnx2

Postby NinjaMonkey on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:15 pm

1st glock is lube clean and all part are stock.
2nd bad shooter is not it. We been shooting for a while i alone own and shoot many type of firearm from revolver to ar 15, rifle, shotgun, handgun. bad shooter is not us.
3rd i use a glock 17 mag from my friend glock 17 the glock 19 still has the same problem.
4th if that glock 19 cant shoot ..WWB.. but my glock 43,xd9 sr9,hk vp9, glock 17, glock 26 can eat and spit out WWB..no problem.

i did some more research and i found out my extractor are MIM part, and the sears of the gen 3 is a 336. which the gen 4 sear of the glock 19 is different.
anybody got the same problem. or know a little more info about this.
NinjaMonkey

Return to Handguns