TP9SFX

Discussion of handguns

TP9SFX

Postby goalie on Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Canik "race gun" model that I made the mistake of shooting.

Holy crap the trigger is nice for a striker-fired wonder-9. Accurate too. With Warren sights from the factory.

I now love mine, and hate myself for loving a gun made in Turkey.

Arnzen has one in stock if anyone wants to join my self-loading.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Re: TP9SFX

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat May 20, 2017 7:45 am

Never heard of Canik, and seeing as I am in Loosiananana I don't have to worry about Canucks coming across the border and invading Minnezotah.

Googled the gun and checked the price to see if it was anywhere near my Turkish SAR K2, and Holy Crapola it was!! $509 for a 9mm race gun???

Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Randygmn on Sat May 20, 2017 9:01 am

I don't care how good Caniks are. I've heard great things for 3 or 4 years since they first started coming in. But I'll never buy anything that supports the Turkish govt and their military (Canik is govt owned). Turkey may be a NATO member, but they are more enemy than friend to America. And with Erdogan in power, that divide will only grow wider over time.
Randygmn

TP9SFX

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat May 20, 2017 9:40 am

Goalie, I actually saw that one in Arnzen and it caught my eye. Did not ask to see it though. Does it need a new holster?
gun_fan111v2

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat May 20, 2017 11:12 am

Randygmn wrote:I don't care how good Caniks are. I've heard great things for 3 or 4 years since they first started coming in. But I'll never buy anything that supports the Turkish govt and their military (Canik is govt owned). Turkey may be a NATO member, but they are more enemy than friend to America. And with Erdogan in power, that divide will only grow wider over time.

Not trying to start a large debate here, but with that logic would you have felt that you would boycott the American gun industry if Hillary had gotten elected?
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Randygmn on Sat May 20, 2017 11:28 am

Seismic Sam wrote:
Randygmn wrote:I don't care how good Caniks are. I've heard great things for 3 or 4 years since they first started coming in. But I'll never buy anything that supports the Turkish govt and their military (Canik is govt owned). Turkey may be a NATO member, but they are more enemy than friend to America. And with Erdogan in power, that divide will only grow wider over time.

Not trying to start a large debate here, but with that logic would you have felt that you would boycott the American gun industry if Hillary had gotten elected?

I don't see the correlation. The American gun community is nearly lock step against the democrat platform. Has nothing to do with an Islamist theocracy pining for the destruction of the West.
Randygmn

Postby goalie on Sat May 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Yeah, the holster isn't the best, but it's usable.

goalie

Postby Pat on Sat May 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Randygmn wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:

I don't see the correlation. The American gun community is nearly lock step against the democrat platform. Has nothing to do with an Islamist theocracy pining for the destruction of the West.

Nope. I am a dyed in the wool Democrat and extremely pro gun. Trump sucks!
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat May 20, 2017 11:24 pm

Pat wrote:

How does that make any sense?
Holland&Holland

Postby Randygmn on Sat May 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Pat wrote:

How does that make any sense?

It doesn't. Every single piece of anti gun legislation in the last 20 years was written and submitted exclusively by democrats, except one co sponsored bill. Period. Furthermore, gun control is written in and adopted in the democrat party platform. That means, voting for a democrat, any democrat, can only be done with the understanding that those candidates will support gun control legislation. There is no such thing as a pro gun rights democrat. There are a few that are pro gun. But there are no democrats that believe in the second amendment as written. Any that say they are, are LIARS.
Randygmn

Postby andrewP on Sun May 21, 2017 10:22 am

In addition to that, they're also basically an unlicensed copy of the Walther P99/PPQ. I'd much rather buy the German original.
andrewP

Postby rtk on Sun May 21, 2017 12:21 pm

It went from the goal keepers report on a shooter to a political tirade! How does that happen? Never mind.....
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Randygmn on Sun May 21, 2017 2:54 pm

rtk wrote:It went from the goal keepers report on a shooter to a political tirade! How does that happen? Never mind.....

"I now love mine, and hate myself for loving a gun made in Turkey".

It started in the very first, original post.
Randygmn

Postby goalie on Sun May 21, 2017 3:36 pm

I did mention where it was made in the original post. ;)

goalie

Postby grimbeaver on Mon May 22, 2017 5:54 am

Impressive looking gun for the money. Long term serviceability would be my main concern. The pistol is warrantied by Canik and Century Arms is the sole service provider. Also in order for your warranty to be valid you also must register the gun within 30 days of purchase which involves providing them with a invoice or receipt. Improper registration is the first item on their reasons your warranty will be void list. :evil:

The few YouTube videos I checked out the comments went much the same as this thread... quickly turned political. Can we start comparing Canik guns to blood diamonds yet?
grimbeaver

Next

Return to Handguns