Handgun prices

Discussion of handguns

Handgun prices

Postby INOR on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:56 am

Wow are we seeing handgun prices dropping or what?! Lots of rebate and sale opportunities for great handguns. Shields for $225 after rebate. Saw a walther PPS M2 ad from CDNN for $299. (I bought a M1 version for $369 a couple years back.) Someone else posted about a Ruger American for $249. Some pretty amazing deals right now. Even some sub $400 deals on complete ARs.

So what does everybody think is driving the super deals? Has there ever been a better time to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: Handgun prices

Postby Ghost on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:00 am

I think this

Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:40 am

Crazy prices. I remember hearing a few years ago someone saying that "right now, the prices of firearms will never be lower than they are now". This was after the panic subsided and meant that it was a good time to buy because like everything else, prices always go up. Right now, DPMS is selling a factory brand new AR for $350 (Brownells). For $600, you can buy an AR and a SW Shield. Also saw today that Brownells has CCI 22lr in stock in 500 round boxes for $39 (.08c round). And, the prices on silencers have come down drastically as new, less expensive options hit the market. It's a good time to stock up on EVERYTHING.
Randygmn

Postby 870TC on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Salad Days are now.
870TC

Postby westhope on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:25 pm

"Make America Great Again!"
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby ex-LT on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:26 pm

What's driving the prices? A combination of factors.

1a) In some instances, manufacturers probably ramped up production prior to last November's election under the assumption of a different outcome. The anticipated rush to buy before the Wicked Witch of New York (by way of Illinois, with stops in Arkansas and D.C. along the way) took office never materialized, and now they're sitting on millions of dollars of inventory, with little to no increase in demand. Unsold inventory isn't healthy for the company's bottom line, so they need to blow out inventory at rock bottom prices.

1b) Some retailers overbought in anticipation of a Hildebeast win in November and the subsequent run on products. Thanks to the Donald and the American voter, they're now stuck with unsold inventory, and the bills on those orders are coming due. Defaulting on the payments isn't an option, so they're stuck selling at or below cost to cover as much of the debt as possible.

2) Some manufacturers (S&W in particular, but also Beretta and FN) are on the verge of releasing, or have already released, enhanced versions of existing models (eg: the M&P M2.0, the soon to be released Shield M2.0, FN 509). They need to clear the inventory pipeline to make room for their latest and greatest.

and

3) In some instances, I think manufacturers overestimated the demand for new product lines (Remington RP9, Ruger American Pistol?), and are having difficulty selling them.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Handgun prices

Postby LumberZach on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:09 am

I think there are more value driven options now than ever before. 7ish? years ago it was hard to get a decent pistol cheaper than a glock. Now the ruger American line is out as well as a few others and building ar's on cheap parts were never so popular. That isn't as big as other reasons above, but it's a good time for buying cheap guns.

LumberZach

Postby silvor on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Yup. Make hay when the sun shines.

Ghost wrote:I think this

silvor

Postby not2worried on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Happy prices are going down.
Just need to decide on which gun to go with.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
not2worried

Handgun prices

Postby INOR on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 am

Still amazed by the low prices and availability on handguns. PSA has been listing the Beretta 92FS for $449.99 for about a month now. I remember when this was a $699+ gun. Yes, it's a bit dated at this point and it's a heavy pig of a handgun but they're great shooters. I loved shooting it when I was in the Marines. Really tempting and I'd get one if I didn't already own a Cougar.

INOR

Handgun prices

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:34 am

INOR wrote:Still amazed by the low prices and availability on handguns. PSA has been listing the Beretta 92FS for $449.99 for about a month now. I remember when this was a $699+ gun. Yes, it's a bit dated at this point and it's a heavy pig of a handgun but they're great shooters. I loved shooting it when I was in the Marines. Really tempting and I'd get one if I didn't already own a Cougar.

That one has been tempting

If any 1911 fans have not seen the deeply discounted DW Valkyries yet, those are great lightweight commanders for $1250-1300
gun_fan111v2

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Guns may be dropping in price but seems ammo is going up a little more each time I go check. Even reloading bullets seem to be going up. Definitely a buyers market on guns in general. Am waiting on one of this stupid bills to gain traction that will start the panic again.
Bearcatrp

Return to Handguns